April 28, 200917 yr comment_340622 Alright. I hate slow cars, as we all do. But the S13 has always been my dream car (one of). And due to lack of funds to pay the massive insurance bill I can't afford to have a turbo. So, in comparison how would a s13 non turbz ca rack up against my bog stock ed falcon, speedwise. Cheers. Report
April 28, 200917 yr comment_340653 Both are nothing to write home about. Stock N/A CA18 puts out 98kw, in a car that weighs 1100-1200kg. So basically you're getting the same power/weight ratio as a bog-standard Corolla. Nothing exciting there at all, and you'll be missing the torque of the Falcon in an instant. Report
April 29, 200917 yr comment_340663 Both are nothing to write home about. Stock N/A CA18 puts out 98kw, in a car that weighs 1100-1200kg. So basically you're getting the same power/weight ratio as a bog-standard Corolla. Nothing exciting there at all, and you'll be missing the torque of the Falcon in an instant. I second that... Torque is what it's all about... Unless you have fuel efficiency as a priority, the falcon (I can't believe I am saying this) will likely fulfil your speed needs better. (handling, no... speed in a straight line, sure.) Report
April 30, 200917 yr Author comment_341111 It doesn't matter either way. I just lost my licence. Cheers anyway. Report
April 30, 200917 yr comment_341124 I second that... Torque is what it's all about... Unless you have fuel efficiency as a priority, the falcon (I can't believe I am saying this) will likely fulfil your speed needs better. (handling, no... speed in a straight line, sure.) Pretty sure my old EA used to handle quite well once the suspenion was upgraded including front and rear sway bars coupled with an EB 4.0L MPFI engine, 5 speed manual transmission and an EB XR8 LSD thrown in for good measure. Was good for 108.4rwkw with advanced timing and a stock standard exhaust and camshaft. So in saying that, they can be made to handle quite well and perform quite well too, otherwise Brocky wouldnt have done the Brock EA Falcon. :wink: Edited April 30, 200917 yr by Raven Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now