My Ae112 Corolla Rln-247

RLN-247

hey I'm new here.

I own a green AE112 corolla levin i got stock about six months ago. i swapped my dad my ae112 ascent for it :wink:

first thing that had to be done to it was a stereo, kenwood double din tv/dvd headunit, fusion 6" splits, fusion 6 1/2" 3 ways in the parcel tray, fusion 4channel 900watt amp, fusion 12" powerplant 1300watt sub, fusion 1000watt monoblock amp. the stereo cranks its good for close to 130db..

more recent mods 2 1/4" cat back exhaust, 17"by7" advanti mazeR wheels and super low king spring..

I'm looking at doin a head conversion so ill be running a 7age is there anywhere in sydney that builds 7age's ??

post-8213-1241083812.jpg

post-8213-1241083848_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey, Great colour!

Good to see a couple more AE112 rolla heads popping up :jamie:

I belive the 7age engine is an awesome idea, just make sure you do everything right the first time and if i were in your shoes (which I'm not too far off :D) id go ahead with a silver top 20 Valve head as opposed to the 16valver, just my 2 cents.

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

I belive the 7age engine is an awesome idea, just make sure you do everything right the first time and if i were in your shoes (which I'm not too far off :D) id go ahead with a silver top 20 Valve head as opposed to the 16valver, just my 2 cents.

Blacktop head ftw, just my 2 cents. :jamie:

Edited by 200Boy

Made a little bit later and has a teency bit more power. Probably costs a lot more than a silvertop so I'd go Silvertop.

Phil Bradshaw's 4AGE Information

Exactly!

I only mentioned it because of the fact that if your modifying on a budget a silvertop is cheaper. the silver top has a better combustion chamber and the blacktop has a slightly higher compression ratio. So they near enough cancell each other out, if you can afford it stick with the blacktop like 200Boy said but silvertop wont be that much worse.

If your thinking about charging (as per my situ) silvertop wins!

Karl.

I only mentioned it because of the fact that if your modifying on a budget a silvertop is cheaper. the silver top has a better combustion chamber and the blacktop has a slightly higher compression ratio. So they near enough cancell each other out, if you can afford it stick with the blacktop like 200Boy said but silvertop wont be that much worse.

If your thinking about charging (as per my situ) silvertop wins!

Oh dude you hurt me lol. There's only a teency difference in power if you go by toyotas overstated power figures. If you go by dyno figures you'll see the blacktops pull consistently better numbers than the silvertops. The silver top is the first attempt at a 20v and the blacktop was actually making it good. Bench flow testing shows the real differences. The silvertop barely flows any better than a 16v smallport, where as the blacktop is miles ahead, making it a better option for both NA and forced induction scenarios. Apparently the difference in flow doesn't make a huge difference in stock 20v's though because there is only so much sucking that a 1.6 will need to do. There's a reason behind the price gap. The blacktop has higher comp, better shaped and better flowing ports, larger throttle bodies, better designed plenum chambers/trumpets, its map not afm so you can run open trumpets if you wish, blacktops have slightly more lift on their inlet cams etc.

My only criticism having ridden in cars with both is that the blacktops can complain a bit when cold and all the power is made way up top, where as silvertops feel like they have bit more usable torque. But the silvertops will run out of breathe before the blacktops do obviously.

Bill Shewood's site also does a good write up on the 4age's and how to mod them as well as the aforementioned site ;)

Edited by 200Boy

Apparently the difference in flow doesn't make a huge difference in stock 20v's though because there is only so much sucking that a 1.6 will need to do. There's a reason behind the price gap. The blacktop has higher comp, better shaped and better flowing ports, larger throttle bodies, better designed plenum chambers/trumpets, its map not afm so you can run open trumpets if you wish, blacktops have slightly more lift on their inlet cams etc.

Theres lots of small differences, I only gave the quick outline, i agree with you that the blacktop flows more and makes more power, I guess I'm used to a crap load of torque so hence why I'm slightly more tentative to the silvertop.

But please if you do one thing replace the rods with forged items as the stock ones are weak and don't like revs lol, hence why toyota rev limited it to just past 6 haha

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

• 2 years later...