Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4k-c Piston 1 Not Firing

Featured Replies

My Ke is running on 3 cylinders at the moment.

 

I did a service on it last night and changed the spark plugs, leads, point and did the timimg. But cylinder no.1 is still not firing.

 

I did a compression test and its at 185 in the cylinder so it has good compression.

 

Does anyone know what it could be, I'm stumped

Edited by kairazy

My Ke is running on 3 cylinders at the moment.

 

I did a service on it last night and changed the spark plugs, leads, point and did the timimg. But cylinder no.1 is still not firing.

 

I did a compression test and its at 185 in the cylinder so it has good compression.

 

Does anyone know what it could be, I'm stumped

 

You certain it's not firing? As in no spark? If the leads, plugs and points have been done then the dizzy cap is probably the only possibility left.

  • Author
You certain it's not firing? As in no spark? If the leads, plugs and points have been done then the dizzy cap is probably the only possibility left.

 

Yeah, sorry the spark plug is firing so there is a spark, But the cylinder is not running for some reason

Yeah, sorry the spark plug is firing so there is a spark, But the cylinder is not running for some reason

 

How do you know it's sparking?

What makes you think it's not running?

 

Pull the rocker cover off, turn the crank with a spanner and check that intake and exhaust valves are working.

Take all your sparkplugs out first to make it easier to turn.

 

cheers,

Slapper

  • Author
How do you know it's sparking?

What makes you think it's not running?

 

Pull the rocker cover off, turn the crank with a spanner and check that intake and exhaust valves are working.

Take all your sparkplugs out first to make it easier to turn.

 

cheers,

Slapper

 

Its sparking because we pulled the spark plug outattached to the leads and it was sparking.

I know the cylinder is not running as we took out the plugs one by one and when no. was pulled out it didnt make a difference.

 

Whereas when the others were taken out, it ran much rougher.

 

Ill will tyake the rocker cover off to check the exhaust valves

 

thanks

Its sparking because we pulled the spark plug outattached to the leads and it was sparking.

I know the cylinder is not running as we took out the plugs one by one and when no. was pulled out it didnt make a difference.

 

Whereas when the others were taken out, it ran much rougher.

 

Ill will tyake the rocker cover off to check the exhaust valves

 

thanks

 

Yeah it sounds like a burnt valve to me. My bro's ke did the same thing.

  • Author

If it is the valve, would it still have commpression though?

If it is the valve, would it still have commpression though?

 

Yes, as far as I am aware the valve does not affect your compression. My brother drove his around for ages with a poor tune and it burnt out the exhaust valve on a cylinder which made it run on 3.

Yes, as far as I am aware the valve does not affect your compression. My brother drove his around for ages with a poor tune and it burnt out the exhaust valve on a cylinder which made it run on 3.

 

 

Say what??? how do get compression with a hole in the chamber!!!!??? :P

If you have torn a lobe off your cam this would cause the valve to not open - hence "not run", but because the valve is still sealing won't effect compression.

  • Author
Say what??? how do get compression with a hole in the chamber!!!!??? :P

If you have torn a lobe off your cam this would cause the valve to not open - hence "not run", but because the valve is still sealing won't effect compression.

 

Thats what i thought

  • Author

I think ive worked it out

 

Its the manifold gasket, when i pur petrol over the inlet the piston fires up, briefly.

when i pur petrol over the inlet the piston fires up, briefly.

 

what?????

 

I hope you don't mean what that sounds like ..... are you pouring petrol onto the spot where the manifold joins the head?

 

Check the manifold nuts.

Have you fitted extractors? If so, check that the header flange isn't thicker than the inlet flange - it's been known to happen and that will leave your intake (or exhaust if it's the other way around) loose as they share mounting studs.

 

Slapper

  • Author

Umm yeah that right. I just did it to test it

 

Whats wrong with that?

 

Na i don't have extractors. I already did up all the manifold nuts, but it dodnt fix anything.

  • Author

I havnt fitted the gasket yet. I m just assuming thats the problem at the moment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.