4k-c Piston 1 Not Firing

My Ke is running on 3 cylinders at the moment.

I did a service on it last night and changed the spark plugs, leads, point and did the timimg. But cylinder no.1 is still not firing.

I did a compression test and its at 185 in the cylinder so it has good compression.

Does anyone know what it could be, I'm stumped

Edited by kairazy

Members dont see this ad
My Ke is running on 3 cylinders at the moment.

I did a service on it last night and changed the spark plugs, leads, point and did the timimg. But cylinder no.1 is still not firing.

I did a compression test and its at 185 in the cylinder so it has good compression.

Does anyone know what it could be, I'm stumped

You certain it's not firing? As in no spark? If the leads, plugs and points have been done then the dizzy cap is probably the only possibility left.

You certain it's not firing? As in no spark? If the leads, plugs and points have been done then the dizzy cap is probably the only possibility left.

Yeah, sorry the spark plug is firing so there is a spark, But the cylinder is not running for some reason

Yeah, sorry the spark plug is firing so there is a spark, But the cylinder is not running for some reason

How do you know it's sparking?

What makes you think it's not running?

Pull the rocker cover off, turn the crank with a spanner and check that intake and exhaust valves are working.

Take all your sparkplugs out first to make it easier to turn.

cheers,

Slapper

How do you know it's sparking?

What makes you think it's not running?

Pull the rocker cover off, turn the crank with a spanner and check that intake and exhaust valves are working.

Take all your sparkplugs out first to make it easier to turn.

cheers,

Slapper

Its sparking because we pulled the spark plug outattached to the leads and it was sparking.

I know the cylinder is not running as we took out the plugs one by one and when no. was pulled out it didnt make a difference.

Whereas when the others were taken out, it ran much rougher.

Ill will tyake the rocker cover off to check the exhaust valves

thanks

Its sparking because we pulled the spark plug outattached to the leads and it was sparking.

I know the cylinder is not running as we took out the plugs one by one and when no. was pulled out it didnt make a difference.

Whereas when the others were taken out, it ran much rougher.

Ill will tyake the rocker cover off to check the exhaust valves

thanks

Yeah it sounds like a burnt valve to me. My bro's ke did the same thing.

If it is the valve, would it still have commpression though?

Yes, as far as I am aware the valve does not affect your compression. My brother drove his around for ages with a poor tune and it burnt out the exhaust valve on a cylinder which made it run on 3.

Yes, as far as I am aware the valve does not affect your compression. My brother drove his around for ages with a poor tune and it burnt out the exhaust valve on a cylinder which made it run on 3.

Say what??? how do get compression with a hole in the chamber!!!!??? :P

If you have torn a lobe off your cam this would cause the valve to not open - hence "not run", but because the valve is still sealing won't effect compression.

Say what??? how do get compression with a hole in the chamber!!!!??? :P

If you have torn a lobe off your cam this would cause the valve to not open - hence "not run", but because the valve is still sealing won't effect compression.

Thats what i thought

when i pur petrol over the inlet the piston fires up, briefly.

what?????

I hope you don't mean what that sounds like ..... are you pouring petrol onto the spot where the manifold joins the head?

Check the manifold nuts.

Have you fitted extractors? If so, check that the header flange isn't thicker than the inlet flange - it's been known to happen and that will leave your intake (or exhaust if it's the other way around) loose as they share mounting studs.

Slapper