• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morphett vale exhausts

Unit 1-2, Lot 4 O'Sullivans Beach Rd

Lonsdale SA 5160

(08) 8384 6400

Guy extremely easy to deal with and listens to what kind of exhaust you want.

systems roughly start from 200.

1.mine was done for 350 bent the exact way i wanted it

2.using a straight through muffler the type i wanted

3.flanges in the exact spots i wanted them

I'm very happy if you can't tell

• 1 month later...

I've seen a couple of people on this thread say API engine maybe good but they quoted me 300-400 or even more for a 3k head rebuild and machine and that, went to Just Heads on port road they did it for 300.

Also theres a guy in Pasadena that does Welsh plugs Graham Matthews, he ships them out round the world, really nice guy to deal with, caters for every welsh plug, even dish type for my 3k head

Just Heads

642 Port Rd, Beverley, SA 5009

p: (08) 8268 3166

Graham Matthews

11 Ontario Ave, Panorama, SA 5041

p: (08) 8276 2066

That's fine and good that you got quoted less to do it elsewhere; but API did mine cheaper than that anyway.

The point of this thread isn't to start a shitfight about who and what is the cheapest. I got my whole motor machined at API and they were damn helpful and the price. They did what I asked, they gave me good service, and frank was pretty damn helpful when I kept calling him chasing tips. There's more to a good recommendation than just the $ figure.

That's fine and good that you got quoted less to do it elsewhere; but API did mine cheaper than that anyway.

The point of this thread isn't to start a shitfight about who and what is the cheapest. I got my whole motor machined at API and they were damn helpful and the price. They did what I asked, they gave me good service, and frank was pretty damn helpful when I kept calling him chasing tips. There's more to a good recommendation than just the $ figure.

Oh definately, sorry if it came across that way, its just that when i rebuilt my motor i had cost in mind cause its not a performance engine. And when i went to api they were helpful....

• 1 month later...
D & T Exhaust City. Good blokes, did what i asked, explained and showed me what they were doing.

Rob Lowe, Strut Regas SA. Excellent. What friendly, very helpful.

Cheers

Bugz

can we get an address and phone no. as well :dance: as I'm kind of short on time these days :y:

so i can up date thread in the next couple of days

cheers

dale

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would bump this up with a place I went to today.

SA Car Clinic on Main North Road

Would not reccomend going there. Car was a late without any notification and general customer service was poor, which seemed to be judged more from my age catergory than anything. Sader that they are RAA reccomended.

Cheers Fusion

Edited by fusion

Thought I would bump this up with a place I went to today.

SA Car Clinic on Main North Road

Would not reccomend going there. Car was a late without any notification and general customer service was poor, which seemed to be judged more from my age catergory than anything. Sader that they are RAA reccomended.

Cheers Fusion

hmmm, interesting but this thread was initially setup so that you can recommend places for work to be done, but in saying that is can work the other way as well.

also sorry to hear about your bad experience with the said company |blink|

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Looking for a good mechanic to do the 100K service on my much loved 96 corolla sedan. Used to have a place I trusted but it recently changed owners and after two visits I am not confident with the new management.

All suggestions very much appreciated.

Cheers

-Eric

Edited by EricB

Probably should have mentioned that! I am about 6km from city north east. Happy to travel any side of town from here for the right place. Thx.

very first post there is a section there called general mechanical with a few places that people recommended :jamie:

Edited by MYSTIK