K Motor Carbies...

A non-return circuit should see more pressure than a return circuit, as the pump is constantly pushing against the needle. The difference with the Jay's setup is that he had a Weber, which might not handle the same pressure at the needle than a factory item.

I would say you have no problems. Try it and see, if you think you are getting too much pressure, put a regulator in it.

Members dont see this ad
Yep, should be fine.
i have mine blocked off..but if your fuel tank has a AIR TIGHT seal the pressure build up will push fuel through the carbie and down into the engine oil .....just went through that ! it took me a month and x3 fuel pumps x2 carbie kits to work that out.....

just a thought

Yeah, put up a post about that whole episode cale... That sounds like something that could drive any of us nuts trying to fix!

Return lines are nice because otherwise the pump diaphram is working against a high pressure and can't pump the fuel anywhere. Stresses the flexible diaphram, but in saying so most old cars never ran them and the pumps survived OK.

The fuel pressure in a mechanical pump is set by the diaphragm spring. Once the set pressure is reached the pump sorta freewheels.

Try it, block off the outlets and operate the lever, after a couple of pumps the resistance on the lever reduces.