Feedback Wanted: Would Anyone Want A Product Like This?

Sam_Q

hi guys I have just finished machining something up that was suprisingly hard to do. It's a coilpack adapter plate that bolts to the valley of the 20v head in 3 places and then lets either the yaris/late echo or the early echo coilpacks to be fitted. If there is any interest I might get some more made up with a C&C mill. They are a full bolt on job and fit exactly right.

I would like to hear back from people if they think such a product would be wanted by anyone if the price was ok, or if anyone had an suggestions.

Apologies for the crap photos. The yaris coil is on the left and the early echo coil is on the right. They are in the actual position where they are used with this plate.

coil-mount2.jpg

coil-mount1.jpg

admins, please let me know if I breaking some rules here.

Members dont see this ad

Sam,

Nice looking bit of gear. Just looking at it, have you thought about getting it Lasercut instead? From where I'm sitting it looks like a straight 2D profile and you could get it lasercut/EDM Wirecut cheaper than you could do it on a CNC.

Or I'm guessing you have access to a CNC?

• 3 months later...
Sam,

Nice looking bit of gear. Just looking at it, have you thought about getting it Lasercut instead? From where I'm sitting it looks like a straight 2D profile and you could get it lasercut/EDM Wirecut cheaper than you could do it on a CNC.

Or I'm guessing you have access to a CNC?

ok only 3 months late after I never received an original notification of a reply,

I have thought about a profile cut but it does have some milled out shapes in it. That said it might still work out cheaper to do a combination of both. I do have someone who can do the CNC work for me for a modest fee.

I have no intention of going 20 valve, but would maybe think of going coilpack on my 16 valve at some stage. I haven't looked into this at all, but wonder if you may have another market with 16 valve customers?

I shall just dream about 2TG's.........

It looks nice, Sam. How about removing more of the excess metal around the non crucial areas to save weight?

Also, how does it seal the spark plug tubes? In their factory installation those types of coils use a fat squishy rubber gasket to seal them. Is there a rubber seal or o ring to prevent fluid and crud ending up in the plug tubes, under the device? Does it allow the use of the factory rubber seals on top under the coils?

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

I did think about taking more material off but it adds cost to something that would already be not cheap or easy to make. I am still considering it.

As for the seals the holes bored in the plate are just enough for the original coil tops and seals to fit through to be perfectly on the cam cover itself just like stock