Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My New Old Car - Ke10

Featured Replies

Unsure of build date, haven't had much time to look at it yet!

Got the ke10, a ke11 and a load of parts on the weekend.

It's a rolling shell that came without an engine and gearbox, and, as far as I know, everything else is there. It just needs to be put together.

 

So the plans are:

- Give it a good wash

- Get a rubber kit for it and put the windows in it as soon as possible, to stop it becoming waterlogged.

- Whack everything else back in it! :bash:

 

Planning on putting an uprighted 4K, downdraft webbers and a t50 in it. Not sure what I'm doing about the transverse spring and all the other quirky stuff, I haven't had anything to do with ke1X's before.

Tinting the windows, not sure about the chrome bits for the outside, Putting most of the red interior back in it, whacking in some gauges and a nice exhaust that's loud but not stupid and keeps the gasses flowing. Maybe a straight thru 21/4" or something

 

Anyway, this is just a quick write up for now, I've kinda gotta go.

I'll keep updating this regularly, as I am planning on having it together within two months as a daily drive (money permitting)

 

I'm really happy, this is the first car that I have bought that doesn't have a tonne of rust or a f@$ked crash pad!

 

 

Edit:

Ok, so where I had to be, I didn't have to be!

Um, so continuing on, I am going to be buying some classic loop pile carpets (black) and I am more than likely going to have to reupholster the front door trims as they have had holes cut in them for the speakers, and I don't want to put the speakers there. I am also going to have to repupholster one of the front seats. It only had a couple of cracks in it, but my naughty dog decided it looked tasty and knawed holes where there were once cracks. He was in very big trouble!

The glovebox lid needs a new coat of paint, and the whole car needs a really good clean out as it was sitting for I don't know how long. I'm also after the grille type panel that fits between the bonnet and where the windscreen wipers are located. If anyone could help me out with this it would be great :y:

 

Do other ke1X owners on here still have the original seat sashes? I was considering putting in the safetly retractable seat belts in, but Robert reminded me that that could be a real engineering drama.

 

Also wanting to get more of the wheels that are on it and put some redwalls on it!

Anyway that's all I can think of for now

post-5737-1243926025_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1243926118_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1243926236_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1243926278_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1243930784_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1243930796_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1243930841_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1243930877_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1243930907_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1243930936_thumb.jpg

Edited by corolla_nut

  • Replies 37
  • Views 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Nice pick up. Great to see another one being saved. Please don't tint the wondows. Let the world see the visual joy that is a red interior. The first thing I did when I got mine was remove the tint.

 

Oh and the other thing you should do is send me that grille. You won't really need it. Just put some shade cloth in the hole. :bash:

Edited by Chobis

  • Author

In the parts we were given we have multiples of that grille, so you're more than welcome to have one at cost of freight!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Author

2 months LMAO

we have decided that Rob's ke11 needs to be going first so that he can sell his sooby, so mine is on the backburner money-wise.

I gave her a wash today and am starting to put parts back on and am thoroughly confused by the grilles - we have 5, in 3 different styles - urgh!

Anyway, I'm going back to it, I'll give an update tonight.

Edited by corolla_nut

I'd say you have a 10 grille and an 11 grille and a 15/17 grille then. The 15/17 grilles are awesome cos they have a green badge in the middle, but they don't look as aesthetically pleasing as far as the chrome slats are concerned. My favourite grille is the 10 grille just like the one you sent me. Thanks again for that..... you RULE !!!! :)

  • Author

ah, ok that explains it. I've got a picture here of the grilles that I have, so the green one is for a 15/17, the bottom one is like the one I sent you - so a ke10, so what is the middle one?

post-5737-1250771501_thumb.jpg

 

All I've managed to do today is wash the car and clean and attach one of the tail lights - gave it a good clean and polished the chrome. The right hand tail light needs some more attention in the form of a bent bolt. So I'm going to have to take that apart and try to straighten it - it also needs 3 nuts which I will hopefully get tomorrow.

post-5737-1250771539_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1250771576_thumb.jpg

I got a bit of organising done today as well, I went and bought 4 of those plastic tubs for the ke10, ke11, ke20 and ke55 to put parts in. I also bought some glad bags and sorted the nuts and bolts out that I could sort. I have a big humungous jug full of nuts and bolts which have no home at the moment... but I suppose you get that when you buy someone else's project.

Anyway, I'm hoping to to get all the chrome bits on tomorrow and straighten out the bolt in the taillight and also attach the valance, radiator support and apron.

Pics!!!

Does anyone know where I can get some more of these hubcaps from? I only have 2

post-5737-1250771799_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1250771635_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1250771670_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1250771702_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1250771800_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1250771860_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1250771900_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1250772013_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1250772066_thumb.jpg

ah, ok that explains it. I've got a picture here of the grilles that I have, so the green one is for a 15/17, the bottom one is like the one I sent you - so a ke10, so what is the middle one?

post-5737-1250771501_thumb.jpg

 

Yeh the middle one was (I believe) on the very very last of the 10's and definately all through the 11's. It's the same as the one shown on the front of my car in my avatar pic. Definately an 11 grille.

 

Top one is defo 15/17. Ugly grille, but awesome badge. My tip, try and fit the green badge to the front of the 10 (bottom in pic) grille.

 

HUBCAPS - Keep an eye on eBay. Some popped up recently and were $20 for the lot. I was gonna get them as spares but forgot about them. I'm sure some will pop up without too much trouble. If I come across any I shall return the favour. ;)

okay... so there are several different variants of the ke10 grille I'm assuming. My compliance plate says 1969, so does anyone know which of these three grilles suits the 1969 generation of ke10s?

This is my first ke1# car so I honestly have no idea.

 

***EDIT**** sorry I'm logged in as rob...

Edited by rob83ke70

Okay well I am totally confused and yep it seems I am wrong about the 15/17 grille.

The only pics I have of cars with that grille are as follows, the first two being 10's and the last an 11.

I am still certain the correct grille for your car should be the bottom one in your photo of the 3 grilles.

 

00KE10_01.jpg

 

00KE10_02.jpg

 

00KE10_03.jpg

Possibly the top grill in your pic.

 

The middle one is late ke1x (ke10-b/ke11), usually seen on cars with the airvents on the c-pillars.

 

The bottom is early ke10

 

How do your headlight surrounds match up to the grills? There are a few variations. ;)

I think I put 2 1/2 sets of headlight surrounds into the tub yesterday... haven't got around to matching them up yet. See how I go today ;)

  • Author

I think I might put the one on with the green badge (top one) looks nicer. Just need to make sure it fits with everything else..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.