4k Exhaust? And Webber Questions

Members dont see this ad
hey just wondering what would be the best sized exhaust on a stock 4kc should i go under diff or over?

3" straight through

and are a 38/38 webbers too big for a 4kc?

anything smaller than a 750 holley is for pussies

Nah, just pulling your leg :)

:) FAQ here and use the search function HERE

I probably could have spoon fed you in the time it took me to add those links, but I think it is in your best interest to do some research yourself.

3" straight through

anything smaller than a 750 holley is for pussies

Nah, just pulling your leg :)

:) FAQ here and use the search function HERE

I probably could have spoon fed you in the time it took me to add those links, but I think it is in your best interest to do some research yourself.

i thought 4" mandrel was the minimum for maximum power?

hey if you've read the faq but still can't decide:

ive got a stock 4K-s with a 2 inch press bent system so the min is around 1.8"

it is pretty good if you put a pod filter on the way i did(cheap yet effective), it gives a tad more power and allows for a bit of modification without being over kill for a stocko

oh and if your planning on lowering your car go over diff so as to not scrape on every speedbump

hope that helps

i would have thought with a stock 4k, after reading the faq. i have been thinkin for my car a 1.75" to 2" pipe over the diff.

better for flow if you go the other way around. do some reading about exhausts on wrx's in particular the mrt exhausts. As the gas travels further from the engine it cools down thus losing energy, and slowing down, if you step the pipe down in size slightly as it gets further away the gas speed stays really fast, thus you get good scavenging. Doesn't give you any street cred though if you have a small exhaust pipe coming out the rear of the car.

Being pedantic I know.

Robert.