1G-GTE KE70's New Plan

1G-GTE KE70

seeings as the amount of sobbing some forum members had about the AE86.

new plan:

AE71

4A-GZE

1G-GZE SuperCharger

unregistered, rollcage, seam weld, coilovers (front AND rear.. thanks Bret.. what a genius) etc etc

no budget really. as much as it costs to have a (man i hate these words) D1 Spec AE71 drifter..

fulli D1 SP3K

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and i like this idea much better 1G. you'll end up with almost the same result, except it's going to cost you less, you'll be guaranteed of good known working parts, it will be tailored to your driving style, and i believe will have lots more street cred

and of course, the most important thing, rollaclub respect and teddy will do his load when he sees it :thumbsup:

Thanks man. it's all good :(

My 1G KE70 got registered today finally.. I'm so excited.

but yeah the 1G supercharger will be adaptable with a GZE hey? I don't know much about superchargers.

oh and I forgot to mention it will be painted in Top Secret Gold :thumbsup:

anyone know if you can wack on a 20v head onto a GZE?

Edited by 1G-GTE KE70

ah!

Your in the thread thats DOING a 1ggze (SC14) conversion.

ah! toy mods! ah! i even thing its been discuses here. IIRC wasn't it discussed by you? :thumbsup:

Edited by Jason

Thanks man. it's all good :(

My 1G KE70 got registered today finally.. I'm so excited.

but yeah the 1G supercharger will be adaptable with a GZE hey? I don't know much about superchargers.

oh and I forgot to mention it will be painted in Top Secret Gold :thumbsup:

1G-GZE supercharger can be used on a 4A-GZE, however you need to get an adaptor plate made up (I don't think anyone sells them, not that I know of).

20v head can be bolted onto a GZE. HOWEVER, you should change the pistons over as well, as even though the 4A is a non-interference engine (from what I hear), it is better to play it safe and have the top of the pistons the right shape for the valves being used. Of course, this means that you'll also end up with a 11.0:1 compression ratio. You might be able to find a thick enough metal gasket to drop this, but it'd have to be pretty thick to drop it enough I would think (you'll need a maximum compression ratio of about 9.0:1). You MIGHT be able to use it with a higher compression ratio, but I haven't heard of anyone risking it. Anyone can feel free to prove me wrong, I'm not claiming to be an expert. :)

i agree with warrick, just whack the head on

you can definately use an sc14 on a 4agze, but you'll have to look at the supercharger outlet and engine inlet manifold. you may find it's easier to use a normal inlet manifold and make custom piping from the blower to that

ill be doing mine shortly, well soon... Hopefully. So this is what I'm doing for my SC14

First thing that need doing is the top mounting bracket, normally on the SC12, it sits and mount on the manifold, but with the SC14 it normally has a second bracket (well looks like it) to keep it against the block. So thats the first bracket that need to be made up. Apparently you can use the stock mounting pulley, but there have been some clearance issues with the inlet, so some people have moved it down, by getting a meaty piece of metal and simply shifting the mounts down.

So the top bracket should look something like this.

post-9-1116841513.jpg

Edited by Jason

ah!

Your in the thread thats DOING a 1ggze (SC14) conversion.

ah! toy mods! ah! i even thing its been discuses here. IIRC wasn't it discussed by you? :)

confused :thumbsup:

no budget really. as much as it costs to have a (man i hate these words) D1 Spec AE71 drifter..

Don't laugh, there was a KE70 competing in the D1 recently..

yeah i heard about that..

I just hating calling stuff "D1 spec" calling something drift spec is alright but D1 Spec is a bit too tryhard.

I have heard that by adding Toyota Crown tie rods you can increase steering lock? is this true and or what other cars could you steal bits from to get more lock.

Bret (SR20 Sprinter) has cut more teeth into his steering rack :(

but yeah I haven't seen any pics of that D1 KE70. I want to but sounds awesome.

also he's made some rear coilovers for his sprinter by modifying SW20 Front Coilovers.. one smart cookie.

Edited by 1G-GTE KE70

there's one of the new zealand car videos (hpi 6 or 7?) with a drift ke70 on it. it's got a 4ag and suspension, and the guy is an awesome driver and manages to drift just as well as all the turbo silivas and chasers and stuff on the track with him

to make a car "D1 spec" you totally ruin the spring rate and put your front bar on with cable ties. true D1 is about the driving, if you've ever seen D1 drivers in action you'll realise the car is a very minor part of the setup

there are plenty of illegal sprinters out there with the "full sick drift mods mate" because people are too idiotic to spend the money do things properly and legally, part of the reason i hate the damn cars so much, but let's not discuss those

i think with decent wheel alignment, rcas and shorter steering arms you'll get far better turning than stock. those are all easier things to do than modifying steering geometry, try them first then see how you go