T50 Gearbox Adaptor

Paul-

hi I'm new to rollaclub and verry impressed there is so much great info out there great site !

i am currently building a 4k for my ke 20 , tige 104 , 10:1 comp extractors and a small webber . i plan to lock the diff and generally give it a fairly hard time so the k 40 must go . So here is the plan i am hoping to cut the k40 gearbox casing and with an adaptor use it as the bellhousing for a t 50 just wondering if anyone out there has tried this before ? and any other comments / info would be greatly appreciated . also if anyone has a t50 from a ta22 they wish to sell that would be great

Members dont see this ad

Cut and shut bellhousings are done frequently but not on corolla gearboxes and usually only when there is no other option. If you have the skills to pull it off, go for it, otherwise start trawling for a K-T bellhousing. Theres a reason people are pointing you in that direction.

Why change your box unless you have to. A K series box is not as bad as made out if you know how to shift correctly.

In over 12 years of driving and competing in Corolla's with modded 5k's (twins, cam,comp, exhaust etc), I only ever broke one box and that was through operator error (hit first gear at 50km/h).

• 3 weeks later...