Torquay Car Show - November 1st

silverra23

Just got an invite to a car show down at Torquay run by Rotary.

Apparently had 150 cars last year and it sounds like a good day.

Perhaps it could be a cruise for CH plated cars and then a bit of a show n shine. Anyone interested in going?

November 1st is the Sunday before Melbourne Cup.

There is an entry form for it and a cost of $5 to enter. If you want the form PM me with your email address :D

Dear Motor Enthusiast,

On behalf of the Rotary Club of Torquay I would like to report on the Torquay Motor Show held in November last year. It was this Club’s first Motor Show and by all accounts was very successful with car owners and their treasured vehicles coming from far and wide.

There were over 150 vehicles on display and each and every one of them contributed to the success and shine of the event.

This year, on Sunday 1st November, the Sunday before Melbourne Cup Day, the Torquay Rotary Club will again be running the event. We would be delighted if you would drive on down the coast road to help us show off your vehicle.

The event will be organised in a similar fashion to last year, but with improvements to layout and the entry process with extra events and displays to add the celebratory atmosphere to the day.

If you would like to enter this year’s show it would be appreciated if you could firstly leave a message on the Club’s mobile phone number or email Greg (address below), and secondly completing the attached Entry Form and bringing it with you on the day.

The entry fee will remain modest at $5.00 per contestant and spectators. There will be Devonshire teas provided by our local Relay For Life team and a variety of delicious food and refreshments available at any of the nearby cafe’s.

Members of the Torquay Rotary Club look forward to meeting you and seeing your unique vehicle. Please feel free to email or telephone the Club with any questions or suggestions about the day.

Yours in Rotary

Greg Birchall

President 2009-10

Rotary Club of Torquay

Email:[email protected]

Mobile: 0412914000

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 months later...

Daihatsu won't be in a presentable state yet.. still has the crunch in the left quarter to fix.

Plus Neroli doesn't like the annoyingly loud exhaust. Neither do I come to think of it!

Am steadfastly resisting spending money on it though until I have sold the Corolla..

• 3 weeks later...

For any one who wants to come have a look, this is going to be held around "The Elephant Walk" which apparently is near the end of Zeally Bay Road at Torquay.

dfunkt is coming in his Crown.. we might have another club member in a corolla I think... would be cool to have a few others come along. should be a good day for a drive down to a nice part of the world!