Sr20det Or 1g-gte?

Tiger

Which of the two would YOU choose?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, I ain't the drifting type... I'm more of a "plant it down the straight and keep it steady" kind of driver. 70% of the time will be in cruise mode, but I do want something I can have "some fun" in.

I love the 1g-gte however, the more I read this article of the KE20 with SR in it and the more I read these post about the SR... tables COULD be turning here..

Edited by Tiger

agreed, 3S is the best 2L engine

edit: read 'turbo' engine

S2000 is the best 2l engine :)

I'd go the 3S over the F20C (S2000 motor). The fifth generation 3S-GE makes about 155kW, which is 21kW short of the F20C, but makes better torque at lower rpm. Plus the F20C is supposedly more difficult to get extra power out of. And way more expensive.

ancullen's dead right. the F20C is a very powerful and efficient motor, and they're most modified in america where S2000s are more common. however they're already fairly at their limit with 11.7:1 static compression and camshafts which are hard to improve upon. anything beyond 200kw (up from factory 187kw) usually means turbocharging and strengthened engine internals, which means big dollars

a 3SGE has alot more potential for the home tuner like ourselves, already comes in force inducted guise if you want, and is far far cheaper to even purchase than an F series, never mind modify