Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sr20det Or 1g-gte?

Which of the two would YOU choose? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Which of the two would YOU choose?

    • Nissan SR20DET
      53%
      15
    • Toyota 1GTTE
      46%
      13

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

OK, after all the engine conversion talk, I thought to myself, these are both tough units and are capable of producing some immense amount of power behind the wheel... so what's your choice?

 

SR20DET?

or the IG-GTE?

 

Your votes and comments please.

 

My personal vote is for the 1G-GTE. Why? BLKJET got one of these motors and worked the absolute daylights out of it, took both turbos off and threw on a single hybrid turbo and is producing over 500BHP at the wheels!

DEFINITELY a tough cookie to try and beat!

Edited by Tiger

  • Replies 116
  • Views 107.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2JZGTTE sounds cool :thumbsup:

 

I think ill do some research on this, it sounds intresting... back later.

MY Vote, the SR20dET...

 

Probably the most disposable engine, and so easy to get performance parts for these days...

 

VERY popular!

 

( But nothing can beat a toyota!)

:thumbsup:

pointless thread

 

hey you pack of guys who play around with old pushrod shitboxes, which one of these modern efi turbo motors are "better"? no i won't define the criteria for "better" either

  • Author

Like I said, it's just pure curiosity to see what people actually thought of the 2 motors.... moreso on the Toyota motor, as the Nissan motor has heaps of comments on here already.

 

I just thought I'd make this thread to see what reaction I'd get. No harm in that... :dance: I hope

SR20's are ghey because.

 

A. They are datsun

 

B. They sound like a tractor

 

C. Rocker arms get the f@$k outta here

 

3S is king of the 2.0 litre turbos.

3SGTE for me, the engine I'm currently building up, estimating around 350rwkw :dance: should power the corolla along quite nicely.

 

and erm..its a 1G-GTE engine :D not 1GTTE

VOTE 1 DATSUN

 

datgirl

(loyal as ever to the SUPREME POWER of the DATSUNS)

Sr20det all alloy,light,so many japanese bolt on options, one over here making 780hp.

it also depends on what car it's in.

 

I mean something like a KE70 I'd go the SR. 1G's are just too big :dance:

 

but like an RA60 or something I'd go the 1G

  • Author

Man.... don't be such a wimp... if it doesn't wanna fit... MAKE IT FIT! hahaha

 

I'm starting this thread as an IDEA for my car! The KE55.... just something for me to think about. It won't happen straight away, but once I get bored with the 5K and it's time for a mechanical update, these are 2 options I have in mind... possibly :dance:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.