June 11, 200521 yr Author comment_49641 Yeah... stuff it, I'll keep the 4K in there for the moment, get an exhaust for the car as is and save my bikkies for an SR20DET motor..... Gotta have SOME fun on the road whilst banging out my loud stereo! :) Report
June 12, 200521 yr comment_49711 go the 1ggte you know you want to its an easy fit, its no harder than any other motor to put it you can buy 5 1ggte's for the price of 1 sr20det Report
June 12, 200521 yr Author comment_49713 You wouldn't happen to be from SA, would you? That engine bay is making me bleed!!! It looks so at home! WHY DID YOU POST THAT UP???? NOW I'm in 2 frames of mind again! I know the 1g-gte motors are a cheaper unit to buy. I do like them motors, don't get me wrong. I think I need to just lie down and breathe in-breathe out... WOOOOOSAAAAA!! :) Report
June 12, 200521 yr comment_49739 you can buy 5 1ggte's for the price of 1 sr20det As they say...you get what you pay for....and if your paying $4500 for an SR20 front cut...your getting ripped off... Report
June 12, 200521 yr comment_49779 who cares about room in the engine bay... no one needs air conditioning anyway... or even a washer bottle. Report
June 12, 200521 yr comment_49886 I'm in sydney not SA :P tho if this was my car i would go a CA18DET with a nice little GT28RS on it which is what my friend has in his ke30 and its well fast enough :) Report
June 13, 200521 yr Author comment_49945 I actually had an article from fast fours a while back with a Series 4 RX7 13B rotary turbo shoehorned into a KE30 sedan and the bill was past the $8K mark... there was HEAPS of work involved with it. Report
June 14, 200521 yr comment_50406 Bugger all that. Mid-mount a Camry V6 where the back seat should be. Use factory tranny, twin-turbo that engine. Then you can use the engine bay for more speakers!!! And you could put speakers all over the big soundproof box you'll use to shroud the engine. Report
June 15, 200521 yr comment_50605 13BT all the way, can add up in price, then there is always the engineering hassle :(( , i put a 12a 6 port into my KE20 when i first got it, good running engine and box cost me less than $500, i made the exhaust, crossmembers etc, tailshaft cost $90 to get modded, chuck in a holley blue pump and your away for less the 1k, it ran 15.3 @ 96MPH with the standard diff and 12" rims and 155 tyres so rotaries can be cheap too. Must say though the 1G looks the goods in that pic. Report
June 15, 200521 yr Author comment_50613 Welcome aboard dude! And that's a fair effort for a 12A 6 Port. Go the budget power :(( But I'll try and keep this post to either the SR or the 1G... and at this point in time... it is looking a toughie between the 2. Both a decent engines with considerable power outputs. One is a 4 the other a 6, both forced induction based.... interesting thread this has become. Report
June 15, 200521 yr comment_50654 I'd go the 1G, its different, cheaper, sound better (in my opinion), on the money you save buying the much cheaper front cut you can afford aftermarket ECU, turbo upgrade etc. more gearbox options, more wow factor when the bonnet is up :(( I have seen well tuned 1G's make 350 + rwhp on standard internals reliably, that is more than enough power to get you into trouble in a ke55 :blinks: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now