Ke70 Rims

well they are just plain rims... i think they are very functional because they come in many sizes and widths but obviously plain, I'm sure they come in a few stud patterns but most would be holden commodore. cutting and welding rims errr would cost more than a set of bling rims!

maybe try get trailer wheels? they are obviously plain rims and probably come in many stud patterns / sizes / widths / offsets. thats one thing to consider, even if the commodore ones are the correct stud pattern, the offset may be wrong for your car and depending on what width you want (that will fit) will determine what offset you require

see jamies post on the backspace. the backspace has to stay pretty much the same. the offset changes relative to the width of wheels you want to make the backspace stay the same. so once you know the width you want you can work out the offset you need.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cutting and welding rims errr would cost more than a set of bling rims!

not really. i priced a set of 13x6 bands plus labour to put them onto my 808 steelies, it was going to work out at about $130 a corner. at the time i wanted to get them powder coated, plus freight, plus new 13" chrome dress rims. they worked out the same price as 13x6" performance superlites

r31 15s are too deep to fit on a stock corolla, they hit the strut, they have 120mm backspacing. mx73 cressida rims just fit with proper tyres, and they're 110mm backspacing

yeah, costing more than those $700 dollar cheapo chrome bling bling packages but probably not more than a decent set of racing rims like superlites etc.

cheers for the r31 backspace info! i checked out a few sets and downloaded a few pics of them, its nice they are 15x6 and 114.3x4pcd but the spokes have a solid back, looks terrible. and they hit the strut, i'll stick to my mz10 soarer rims :)

thinking of starting a picture thread of stock alloys that will fit toyotas, with the specs : size x width, offset and pcd, for people to put pics / specs up.

Edited by styler

so buying a package and saving money is for mindless morons ?

whats that site your linking too?

It can be a false economy. Alot of the time the tyres they put on in packages..... well, lets just say I wouldn't fit them to my trailer. (Car trailer with chrome 18'S :) )

If you want good rims with good tyres, you often have to buy seperate. Depends on whether you want the look or the handling.

i did take that into consideration..i was at Bob Jane and the sales man was saying that if i was to buy a package deal from Tempetyres.com and have them fitted..it would be illegal, something to do with Tempe tyres been liable if anything was to happen..but then i thought to myself...Temp Tyres would obviouslly buy these from Asia for dirt cheap..and then again, where would Bob Jane purchase theirs? exact same place..Tempe Tyres sell Falken, Pirelli, Bridgestone tyres..so I'm not worried about that, the rims themselves..well afew of my mates have them on commodores..18s that is, and they have taken a beating and are fine..

who knowss..