Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3sgte Ke55 Update

Featured Replies

I have posted most of these pics before but Its been a long time since any work has gone on but finally some progress.

These first 3 pics are what the car looked like when I purchased it

post-7814-1249992786_thumb.jpg

post-7814-1249992815_thumb.jpg

post-7814-1249992841_thumb.jpg

  • Author

These next pics are of the engine and gearbox as I played with them.

post-7814-1249993087_thumb.jpg

post-7814-1249993109_thumb.jpg

post-7814-1249993134_thumb.jpg

jeeeeez nice looking 55 i would of mistaken it for mine :P

  • Author

The engine sitting in the old girl. It was poor weather today in Tasmania so I could not get any good pics of the mounts but will post better pics soon. In the middle of the valve cover in the middle is a crank angle sensor the engineer knocked up for me. Don't worry it doesn't stay there. I'm going to be running S15 SR20DET coils. Should look sweet.

 

Still no progress with the dash but I just got a CD player for it so I can fit it and get the rest of the dash sprayed.

post-7814-1249993577_thumb.jpg

post-7814-1249993602_thumb.jpg

post-7814-1249993679_thumb.jpg

post-7814-1249993707_thumb.jpg

looking nice. What gen motor is that? what gearbox?

  • Author
jeeeeez nice looking 55 i would of mistaken it for mine :P

 

 

Your 55 does look sweet. I have a bit of de javu.

  • Author
looking nice. What gen motor is that? what gearbox?

 

Gen 2

W55 supra 5 speed (would have loved a W58, would not like the price though)

2S bellhousing

2S slave cylinder

mitsubishi ???? clutch master cylinder

chrome molly flywheel and heavy duty organic clutch

standard starter motor

standard radiator but brand spanking new

500mm x 300mm x 76mm intercooler

 

 

Lots more to come and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Good progress.

Are you in northern or southern tassie?

  • Author
Good progress.

Are you in northern or southern tassie?

 

From southern Tassie. I will post a pic of the turbo manifold as soon as i get a chance, took the pic today. Also got a pic of the driver side engine mount to post. I will take a pic of the passanger side but the turbo and manifold were in the way when I was taking pics today.

Gen 2

W55 supra 5 speed (would have loved a W58, would not like the price though)

2S bellhousing

2S slave cylinder

mitsubishi ???? clutch master cylinder

chrome molly flywheel and heavy duty organic clutch

standard starter motor

standard radiator but brand spanking new

500mm x 300mm x 76mm intercooler

 

 

Lots more to come and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hey nice work, ive got a question. The flywheel is chrome molly but is it to suit the 3SGTE off the shelf or did you need to have it speacially made ? same with clutch.

 

Cheers matt.

  • Author
Hey nice work, ive got a question. The flywheel is chrome molly but is it to suit the 3SGTE off the shelf or did you need to have it speacially made ? same with clutch.

 

Cheers matt.

 

Off the sheld from Australian Clutch (formely Adelaide Clutch). On the Gen 2 motor the stock standard flywheels is suitable. I opted for the chrome moly as it was lighter and looked better (not taht you see it). You do however with the chrome moly flywheel need to move your starter motor in about an inch as it has a slightly smaller O.D than standard flywheel. This was also a good thing as it gives more room for my turbo, turbo manifold and exhaust.

Good work mate :)

 

I'm keen to see more of this, will be a weapon.

  • Author

As promised a pic of the turbo manifold. It is only the rough look to see how thing would fit. Now needs to be welded correctly.

post-7814-1250152892_thumb.jpg

Edited by preso

  • Author

Here there is a pic of the crank angle sensor, in car shot of where the gearbox sits and of the drivers side engine mount. It is a poor pic of where the gearbox sits in the car as there were thermo fans, intercooler mufflers and all sorts of shit in the car so I could not ake a good shot. I will and post it once I get some time next week. I will also get a pic of the passanger side but in the above pis you can see the turbo and yurbo manifold are in the way of a good shot.

 

I have also learnt how to shrink the pic size so as i take more pics more will get posted.

post-7814-1250153369_thumb.jpg

post-7814-1250153428_thumb.jpg

post-7814-1250153452_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.