Painting Headlight Inners = Illegal?

RA28GT

After seeing rudyjadul's ke20 with painted headlight inners that has got me thinking of doing it but instead painting mine BLACK.

Does anyone know the legal point of view of this? How would the effect the function of the headlights, i understand it will be much dimmer but to what extent?

Heres some photochops:

IMG_89899.jpg

lazy eyes haha

IMG_8988-1.jpg

Members dont see this ad

i would be illegal as the globe light(h4 or sealed beam) needs to bounce of the reflective part of the h/light and the lense will magnify the beam on the road.without it,it would look just like a park light!but it looks good!

Edited by drc_ke20

Holy hell. Angry eyes FTW!!! My front end looks like it wants to kill something with these!

I'm sure this will still effect the beam though? Maybe i should make some plastic covers that i can clip on and off?

IMG_8988angry.jpg

Edited by RA28GT

yeh but it can get to the point where the car has to much going on.

Yep I'm agreeing with Nick here.

Troy I have said before you have great taste in style, but I think on this occasion you are taking it too far. You have done all the right stuff with that car, don't overdo it :P

I know I'm just bored haha

The car gets converted to manual this weekend so after that its pretty much finished minus paint and suspension upgrade.

I need a new car to do stuff with. Anyone got another 1000 wagon?

yay manual finally!! i believe that it may possibly be the only publica wags in Adelaide... i'm sure someone knows someone who knows someone with one tucked in there shed though :P