Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Photochop Request..!

Featured Replies

guys,

 

I'm thinking of new wheels at some point. Could someone possibly photoshop a set of superlites onto one of these pics?

 

I reckon a set of deep dished 16's would look nuts but I've never seen it on a 911.

 

this deepdish nutter onto this sucker?

IMG_25641247023077.jpg

 

big_superlite15x10.jpg

 

 

Or maybe these two.

DSCN0057.jpg

LarryShimp-AM.jpg

 

 

 

Neither is my actual car although the Top one looks damn close to it!

 

cheers in advance.

Edited by philbey

whats up with the stock wheels?

 

i think they look sexy.

 

oh, and very nice car by the way :jamie:

whats up with the stock wheels?

 

i think they look sexy.

 

Yea, I quite like the cookie cutters myself.

 

Mini/Super-lites are so overdone these days. I remember a time when only classic british 60's cars (minis, triumphs, mgs, Mk1 cortys) ran that style of rim. Now they get put on anything and everything.

  • Author

Damn, that's funny felix because the first place I go to find porsche pics is Pelican Parts! Gold. I don't think I want them for the 911 anyway, I was just thinking of a cheap option.

 

Yeh I run the stock Fuchs wheels (black centres just like the second one I posted), but so too does everyone else. I'm keen to pick up a set of Porsche Cup 5 spokes for it though, 17 inchers.

 

There's some on ebay at the mo too.

 

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Where do you get your bits over here? I've found Imparts to be reasonable locally for europarts for the E32.

 

Yea, I guess the cookie cutters are pretty common on the 911s. Those ebay ones are ok, but I do prefer the ones you already have.

 

You should mod your ke16 to take the fuchs once you get some new rims. :hmm: That'd be different. Do a bit of a resto/rusto-cal thing on the 16, like what they do with the type 3 squarebacks. :jamie:

Edited by Felix

how wide are the standard wheels and whats the offset?

 

i think meshies would be the way to go. about 1-2 inches wider than the stockies with negative offset.

Edited by Axentrik

  • Author

Yeh I nearly bought one with simmons meshies on it, they looked tough. Black with polished lip.

 

Felix, I usually buy parts from Pelican Parts, they've got an insane amount of bits, you can buy a brand new, factory built 1978 spec motor if you want through them (although that's 50k worth!)

 

Their prices are wicked, even with postage. For example, a dizzy cap (bosch part number etc) is 45 bucks locally, whereas it's 6 bucks from the US. I bought all my service gear, gaskets, plugs, filters, dizzy cap and rotor etc from the states for 150 bucks landed. Wouldn't come in at double that in Aus.

 

And the dollar is strong at the moment as well.

i can't remember exactly but something like 9's on the rear 8 on the front... no scrub.

That car is a go cart to drive being ex carrerra cup car and all, sports a 94 3.6L now.. absolute weapon

  • Author

jesus that would honk with the 3.6, Very nice. I want to run :no2: and 9s too. I need to get my handling dialled in properly, looking to buy some Bilsteins.

 

Mick I dig the widebody, but only if it's a 930. One day I'll upgrade to one!

Philbey, have you seen "No Man's Land" with Charlie Sheen and D B Sweeny?

 

Watched it the other night after being prompted by this thread. It was nowhere near as cool as I remember it (last seen it about 20 years ago), but wasn't bad with a heap of nice old Porsche's in it.

 

The main characters red cabriolet with polished Fuchs on it looked real nice.

Edited by Felix

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.