September 15, 200917 yr comment_374231 Vehicle: AE92 SX Engine: 4AGE red top/small port Problem: Mystery vacuum lines Since I have owned my vehicle there are two vacuum lines which have been dangling off of the throttle body. These lines are connected to the throttle body at one end and hanging in free space at the other. I have looked and looked around areas that these lines can physically reach to... but I can't see anything for to hook them up to :lolcry: . Today I was checking the fluids and decided to have another tinker with the vacuum lines. I learned that... Both lines are blocked off by ball bearings. With the blockage/hoses removed a huge amount of air passes through these hoses and consequently makes the engine idle at 3000rpm (cold idle) :lol: . Long story short... can anyone please enlighten me as to the purpose of these to vacuum hoses and where they should be connected :lovin: . The vacuum lines... The vacuum outlets (located under the throttle position sensor)... Report
September 15, 200917 yr comment_374325 Hmmm, underneath the T/B......power steering perhaps? Aircon (although that often has a VSV on the firewall so look for un-used vacuum ports on the valve there) Report
September 18, 200917 yr comment_375009 ill have a look tomorrow on my car, was going to today but i got called into work early (about 8 hours early:P) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now