Is A Ke70 An Appropriate Donor For A Ke35

awvg

hay guys as i have recently blown the rings on my worked 5k i was looking into upgrading the engine to the typical 4age etc.

i was hopeing to use a donor car that already has the running conversion to save time and headaches and transplant the running gear into my 35 as it doesnt have any rust and has already had the brakes and suspension upgraded. My problem is i can find plenty of ke70's out there but not many 35's or 55's for a worthwhile price.

what i was wondering is how compatiable are the two cars, would it be a simple bolt out bolt in or are they so different it wouldnt be worth my while.

cheers andre

Members dont see this ad
hay guys as i have recently blown the rings on my worked 5k i was looking into upgrading the engine to the typical 4age etc.

i was hopeing to use a donor car that already has the running conversion to save time and headaches and transplant the running gear into my 35 as it doesnt have any rust and has already had the brakes and suspension upgraded. My problem is i can find plenty of ke70's out there but not many 35's or 55's for a worthwhile price.

what i was wondering is how compatiable are the two cars, would it be a simple bolt out bolt in or are they so different it wouldnt be worth my while.

cheers andre

the whole engine/clutch/gearbox bolts right in

cheers andre

A 4age setup from a Ke70 will not bolt straight into a 35.

you will need to modify your engine mountings, clutch pedal setup, and likely a custom tailshaft and gearbox mounts.

There will also be some mucking around with wiring and cooling as with most engine conversions.

There would be only minor benefits buying a ke70 that has been converted and then puting it in a ke35.

Dave

oh sorry I misread the original question, what you can use out of the ke70 is the following:

engine clutch gearbox, gearbox mount, loom, ecu and possibly the metal line on the firewall for the clutch. As above you will need custom mounts for the engine which I can possibly help you with.

• 3 weeks later...