Pics Of Leaf Spring Setups On Race Cars

rob83ke70

is that one of the shorter leaves turned upside down on top??

Robert.

its the second one down from a rwd mazda 323 leaf pack i had lying around... chopped just behind the center, where my 35mm block sits, also i had to trim about 5-10mm off the front to stop it from every rubbing on the eye of the leaf

i get no axel tramp, even when i put old worn shocks in, i would imange if you fitted cal-track design then you would need to make some wedges to adjust the pinion angle to get it all perfect

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unside down.... and also you need to make those metal straps to hold the pack togeather or you will have issues, mine i folded around it with a small gap so i could put it in the vise and keep it tight then welded it to make sure it would stay togeather (25x5mm bar)

just looking at my pics again i just relised that the pic of the leaf pack on its own is my early street setup, and the pic in car is my stiffer drift setup, but neither give me any tramp

Edited by Boost+k

Pretty much turned it into a 4 link set up. from what i can make of it, its pretty close to the caltrac setup.

I will also take some pictures of Greenmac80's leaf springs we made at work. they have the Half rebound leaf fitted

Edited by SLO-030

Image194.jpg

Image195.jpg

Here you can see why they call it a half rebound leave (Top leaf is half the length of the pack)

You can see 3 clips around the leaf pack. the 2 that look the same are there weather there is a half leaf or not. there is also 2 the same on the other end.

the 3rd clip (right at the front) is rivited to the half leaf and is closed around the main leaf.

Hope this helps.

have to do it sometime before next weekend. she's got a khanacross on the sunday. I'm really wanting to sort the tramp out before we do it, I want to see what the lightened flywheel does for her times...

I can only use the hoists outside of work hours :jamie: and I have very very limited concrete/jacks here.

I'm headed to dubbo this afternoon, will be back tomorrow maybe in the afternoon.... this limits me somewhat :bash:

Robert.

Keith (altezzaclub) and myself got a little keen and did some slight suspension modifications to the ke55. The leaf pack was removed, the smallest leaf on the bottom was removed, and half a leaf (originally the 2nd leaf from the top in another set of spring packs I had spare) was added upside-down to the top of the pack. Photos attached.

Results: 20mm lower ride height, suspension slightly stiffer (with load on it sags to the same height as before) and zero axle tramp. Khanacross on sunday, should be rather interesting.

2.5kg has been taken off the flywheel as well, needless to say the engine spins up rather quickly now!

Robert.

post-6931-1256299789.jpg

post-6931-1256299794.jpg

Sorry Cameron, have not been on here for a few weeks. The HQ shock was worked out by City Suspension as an option based I guess on Piston travel for ride height and rebound/valving for stiffness. No idea what formula is used to figure that out

Cheers Majordad

Hi,

HQ Konis in the back of a KE10 interesting. But can these only work with your super low ride height Majordad?

Also what other options are out there for KE1X rear suspension will say KP61/30 stuff fit or AE86 fit a KE1X?

And when finding a shock is it as simple to find right length or is there more to it? I am very new when it comes to suspension.

Cheers

Cameron