Karllos' Ae112r Sportivo Turbo

Karllos

Members dont see this ad
:thumbsup: Doesn't really make sense that my turbo 5k make more power than this!?

Well no dosent really make sense, as you can see the power line levels off at 4k and produces no additional power as the boost drops off higher revs, and as such, with the boost drops off so does the torque rather dramatically, i need to do a couple things and then il be able to hold constant boost pressure, and gain more power.

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

Have you looked into getting an E-boost or some other sort of EBC?

You could fix your boost drop with one of them.

Do you know if the stock ECU is to blame for the boost drop? surely it must have some sort of built in boost control!? :thumbsup:

If there's some sort of solenoid (for the ECU) in the actuator line then maybe see if you can bypass it for interests sake. The MAP sensor will compensate for the extra boost (or rather consistent boost) so don't worry about damaging your motor.

Have you looked into getting an E-boost or some other sort of EBC?

You could fix your boost drop with one of them.

Do you know if the stock ECU is to blame for the boost drop? surely it must have some sort of built in boost control!? :thumbsup:

If there's some sort of solenoid (for the ECU) in the actuator line then maybe see if you can bypass it for interests sake. The MAP sensor will compensate for the extra boost (or rather consistent boost) so don't worry about damaging your motor.

Ive looked into the EBoost Street, neat little unit. Il buy one after i save up :y: and theres a straight piece of vacuum line going from the compressor to the actuator. Interesting but owel.

Yeh I'm not too worried about hurting any sensors with the increased boost more like stable boost, i was watching it today and my gauge needle vibrates quite madly, only once or twice other times it was more smooth. Still interesting. Theres no control that the ECU has over the boost, it has a boost sensor, and I'm assuming thats for overboost but it dosent go into limp home mode or anything to reduce power.

Just need to sort it out then chase more power, honestly id be happy with approx 110-120kw as a result of the upgraded turbo, exhaust....

Thanks Karl.

Edited by Karllos

the boost control solonoid is on the firewall in the middle, thats where i tee'd in my gauge. Theres nothing on the actuator, just a vacuum line to the compressor.

On previous dyno runs, what have you made?

These Sportivos don't actually have "Boost Control Solenoid" as such just a vacuum/boost operated wastgate actuator.

I'm assuming the thing youve spliced into is the Turbo Pressure Sensor, basically tells the ECU what boost pressure is running at and is another measure to help the car run. Nothing really to do with boost control (unless overboost shutdown ) Ive used the line going into the ECU for my adaptive turbo timer so it tells my timer unit how hard ive been driving and then calculates the "cool down period" its a little more complex but short of an essay its difficult to explain lol :thumbsup:

Ive only had 1 previous run which netted me the 91kw. Thats with a restriction somewhere, Lesley on the other hand has made 105kw on approx 7psi from memory :y:

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

The thing on the firewall with a vacuum line going to it then would be the MAP sensor.

If there is just a straight vacuum line going from the compressor cover to the wastegate then there cannot be any type of boost control. :thumbsup:

The thing on the firewall with a vacuum line going to it then would be the MAP sensor.

If there is just a straight vacuum line going from the compressor cover to the wastegate then there cannot be any type of boost control. :thumbsup:

There is the MAP Sensor as well as a Turbo Pressure Sensor that has 1 line going to the ECU.

Yeah they came factory like that :y:

Definately want a larger exhaust as well. Theres a real small section between my dump and the cat thats in a real tight space and is so damn small.

Karl.

hey hey hey..... Thats what might actually be causing your issue!!! :thumbsup:

As revs increase the exhasut may not be able to flow the required amount of gas at that engine speed, hence boost drops off.

Which way does your turbo mount? Bottom mount like a stock SR20? If so you could probably use (maybe with a little modding) an SR split dump pipe like mine.

hey hey hey..... Thats what might actually be causing your issue!!! :bash:

As revs increase the exhasut may not be able to flow the required amount of gas at that engine speed, hence boost drops off.

Which way does your turbo mount? Bottom mount like a stock SR20? If so you could probably use (maybe with a little modding) an SR split dump pipe like mine.

Yeah its a low mount design manifold, i could use one of them it may already be split but having said that i honestly have not seen the inside of it.

FYI the small exhaust section is approx 1.75 inch if that so it would be one of the restrictions in the line.

Oh and also I replaced my clutch the other week (ahh 2 weekends ago) so near on 3 weeks, and its already on the way out!

It started life grabbing close as all hell to the floor and then it started to gain height, i assumed that this was normal wear in but its just kept getting worse!

Basically is it worth upgrading to another supposedly stronger Xtreme or just go another brand/the TRD Heavy duty these came with stock?

Karl.

Was the flywheel machined before the new clutch was fitted?

Definately, i made sure i did that. Fitted everything as per instructions and it just keeps grabbing later and later and loosing its "grip" as well :(

Maybe a Cushioned Button is in order :wink:

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

hmm tat doesnt sound right, for a brand new clutch to be on the way out already! Thats not good at all! Pitty you didnt get a mechanics to fit, then you could take it back and say, "hey! whats going on hear!" ;)

I got quoted when i got the 2.5" cat back on, that the section between cat and dump pipe would cost around the 180 mark to be upsized to 2.5" as well. This section has the O2 sensor in it. I'll get that replaced at some stage and then it will be a full 2.5" turbo back system.... That will do for the missus!

hmm tat doesnt sound right, for a brand new clutch to be on the way out already! Thats not good at all! Pitty you didnt get a mechanics to fit, then you could take it back and say, "hey! whats going on hear!" :dance:

I got quoted when i got the 2.5" cat back on, that the section between cat and dump pipe would cost around the 180 mark to be upsized to 2.5" as well. This section has the O2 sensor in it. I'll get that replaced at some stage and then it will be a full 2.5" turbo back system.... That will do for the missus!

Is that all.... il do that when i get the rest of the exhaust done as well. Well i would like to upgrade to an exedy cushioned button clutch but this one will last for now so il just be extra nice to it and do some suspension first and then exhaust then back to the clutch.

Now here are some pics of the CAI for you :)

post-7007-1271738400_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1271738849_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1271739050_thumb.jpg

post-7007-1271739210_thumb.jpg