Sr20 Conversion To Ke55 Plus Rebuild Plus Pimpage

JDM55

Members dont see this ad

Ive used heat wrap before and had the same issue, mine was the sort of wrap that goes hard after the heat goes through it, than after a few good drives it didn't do it again, but obviously I didn't see how much smoke it was making so ya never know

hmm ive just googled it ,seemslike a common problem with the smoking , dunno what to do realy , i don't want to take it off at least untill gone thru engineers ,then after that i pull it off,lol

Dang your humble dude!!

This car is probably, wheels, trimmed interior and a high mount Garrett gt30-71 with polished comp cover away from a cover!!

haha cheers , yeah i wish i could do all that stuff , i just don't have the cash , :( but yeah maybe a bit more down the road could get it up graded a bit, but for the moment loving the boost! haha

hmm yeah i mite just leave it on and check it on a few runs,mite take a fire extingisher with me lol, it sounds like this stuff does smoke a bit, evently ill take it off i think ,but just for engineers i want to leave it on,

ill see how it goes ,

sent the engineer a bunch of photos and he was happy bout everything, so that was great to hear,

i have to get an epa test to test the level of the exhuast and a emissions test to test the exhuast fumes,

once there done i can go see him but i will need a fair bit of cash to do all that so no idea how I'm going to come up with that,

basicly to finish the car i need money for

rear shocks 150

leaf springs 350

seat covers 100

epa test ???

emissions test ???

engineers report 600

so looking some where in the 1300 mark :(

I think you mentioned somewhere along the line you wanted to use a varex muffler, are you going to? If so, you're not going to use it for the EPA test are you, because they're quite illegal.

are they realy??? ʞ©$ɟ thats shit as ,i got one fitted now , didnt realise they wernt allowed :( more money to find

what you need done to the leaves? carroll springs in somerton do reset jobs for $200 a pair. i went and asked them yesterday myself!

200 evan!!!! thats wayyy better! i need them reset ,lowered like 50 mm and probably an extra leaf added, but i been getting quotes 350 plus! :(

have you got there number ?? that sounds like the go

are they realy??? ʞ©$ɟ thats shit as ,i got one fitted now , didnt realise they wernt allowed :( more money to find

Yeah unfortunately because they're adjustable they are not allowed. Even if they were, you would need to pass EPA with it open, which I high doubt it would since they're just straight through when open.

Yeah unfortunately because they're adjustable they are not allowed. Even if they were, you would need to pass EPA with it open, which I high doubt it would since they're just straight through when open.

just have to stick another muffler in there i guess , just more time and more money , thats about the story of this build it just never ends, abit like this :hammer:

i have to get an epa test to test the level of the exhuast and a emissions test to test the exhuast fumes.

Say what now???

Yes you will need a noise test, but since when have you needed an emission with a STD ecu??

The noise tests are cheap. No more than $60-100. You might find where the noise tests are done on the Vicroads web site(never use the call centre, you'll know more than try do) or at a branch. They are mostly exhaust shops. I know Daalder exhausts in dandenong did/do them, that's where I got the 11 done. Was about $40 from memory but that was 6 years ago.

With the emission test I'd ask JC where he recomends to go. Never had to do one myself.