Sr20 Conversion To Ke55 Plus Rebuild Plus Pimpage

JDM55

well hi every one I'm new on here tho ive been lurking a long time

been reading and researching alot of info ,when i say alot i mean hours in front of the dam pc trying to sorce real info and how tos etc,come across alot of useful stuff and alot of helpful people willing to share there knoledge with me,

so now that ive sust out alot of things that i never knew before i can now begin my build,

PROJECT:::::::::: NISSAN SR20DET ENGINE INTO KE55 COROLLA

TIME LIMIT:::::::: ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE

BUDGET:::::::::::::: I'm BROKE LOL

so yeah i thought id share with you guys my build as a few of you have been nice enough to give me advices and help with inquires,so my basic plans are to completely dismantle the entire car down to nothing and give it a sand and prime and paint inand out,fit an s13 sr20 TURBO engine,redo the interior with a bit of pimage and customise a few bits and peices just for the hell of it,so all in all a massive project very time consuming , and can't expect this to be completed any time soon ,its just a take it as we go sorta thing and when funds alow I'm on a very tight budget which may casue the whole thing to flop,but gona give it my best go and see what happens ,

i know this has been done quet a few times so i know its nothing new or crazy ,but i have had my 55 for nearlly 4 years and i love it wouldnt sell it for any thing , but she geting a lil tired and the old rust starting to creep in interior starting to get slopy so its time for major overhaul , i hope you guys enjoy the updates as i go along and maybe you can learn something new from me and what i do and maybe you can share info with me also as there is much for me to learn,

this will be my first turbo car and first time major engine transpant and hopefully it will all go well!!!!!!!!! so wish me luck and again any advice is welcom enjoy tongue.gif

Edited by JDM55

Members dont see this ad

as for the money issue ,yes indeed i realise the exspenses that are involved in doing such a massive task,and i know also that when you do these sorts of things its all the small things that add up ,how ever I'm in no hurry theres no time limit at all,i have the neassary skills to do this ,as I'm a carpainter and i have panel beating skills, ive also built alot of cars in my time,so i know the ins and outs , if you search ke55 box on wheels your probably find my old post from a few years ago now, tho the pics don't work any more for some reason,spewing too casue they were the only pics i had of the car as it was ,never mind ill do my best to find an old pic there must be one on the net some where,

i gave it a quick respray and it lasted fairly well but as usual the rust started to creep out on the wheel arches and front guards,so thats getting delt too also

but before i get to involved i have to see the engineer next week to see if ive f*%ked it all up so wont know untill then if its still all happening ,will update once i know !!!

Edited by JDM55

whats your location? when do you plan on starting?

I do plan on making some ca/sr to Ke mounts in due time if everything works out if your interested.

When would you be doing this? and how much would you be asking for a set of mounts? also what about gearbox crossmembers? as i am another planner for the SR conversion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

cheers for that info lol

any way back to my car.....

so ive been doing a heap of work and this an that at the moment I'm up to the front suspention and steering ,this is all proving to be very time consuming due to lack of funds for parts needed , not to worry will deal with that some how,

now i know this is all ready covered on toy mods and I'm sure on here a bunch of times, but when i was searching for info i didnt find much in the way of legit info ,so just want to confirm a few things that i have found while in the middle of doing the xt130 strut /brake up grade,

1) xt130 steering arms fit ke30/ke55 ball joints

2)ke55 tie rods fit xt130 steering arms

3) ra60 celica vented disk is a direct bolt on to the xt130 hub

4) mx62 caliper and pads do fit with 100% pad to disk area,just...

5)it is easyer to level or machine the xt130 strut caliper brackets before adding washers or spacers,or you have to battle with some wierd angles to get them to sitt on straight,

6) ra60 caliper bolts are perfect lenght for the mx62 caliper

so yeah thats sorta where I'm upto, just for those who don't know ill go thru the parts list you need to make this set up work,or at least what i have used so far,but be fore i do a quick note that it says on toymods that this is a 250 dollar upgrade,well from going to the wreakers a billion times and sorcing all these parts it has cost well over that and i havnet even got the new parts yet, so be warned this isnt a cheapy upgrade ,unless you have the cars laying around lol or deal with a decent non over pricing wreaker!

PARTS:::::

2 X XT130 CORONA STEERING ARMS

2 X XT130 CORONA STRUTS

2 X XT130 CORNONA HUBS AND BEARINGS

2 X RA60 CELICA VENTED DISK

2 X MX62 CRESSIDA CALIPERS AND PADS

4 X RA60 CELICA CALIPER BOLTS

2 X KE55 LOWER SPRING CUPS(UNLESS YOUR GOING COILOVER,I AM NOT)

2 X KE55 SPRINGS

2 X KE55 SPRING HATS

2 X KE55 TOWERTOPS

2 X KE55 LOWER CONTROL ARMS

2 X SHOCK INSERT( STILL YET TO FIND ONE THAT WILL WORK FOR ME...)

so i think thats about the parts I'm using little bit of a list there,as i said having trouble finding a insert that is shorter than the corolla one by about 40 -50 mm somehting like that ,got a bit of ringing around to do for that one, any heres a few pics of making the brake upgrade work:::::::