Sr20 Conversion To Ke55 Plus Rebuild Plus Pimpage

JDM55

Members dont see this ad

28rxu8.jpg

here is the mx62 caliper sitting on the disk, you have to squeese the fluid out of the caliper to get the pads to fit over the disk,its tight but does fit,now you can see the caliper to strut gap that has to be filled with something,can be done with washers or spacers ,take your pic, i went the harder way and leveled off the bracket first ,then cut sum 4-5 mm steel plate into small spacers and welded them on ,this closed up the gap considerbly,leaving only a bit of work to get the angles right ,as the 2 brackets on the strut are slighty differnt from each other,

another thing that had to be done was the threaded holes on the strut had to be drilled out,i just used a die grinder to a few moments and was done,

24g8wwn.jpg

here are the small spacers i made up out of 4-5 mm steel plate ,fairly simple,just bolted the plate to the holes ,traced around the bracket shape, then cut them out,and grinded them down to a closer shape,

then bolted them back onto the bracket and ready for welding,

riutsw.jpg

grinded smooth and shaped to match the brackets a bit better, a fair bit of stuffing around ,but getting there,

next i used a grinder and a file to level it off a bit better and match the caliper to strut bracket angle,all the time puting the disk on and then the caliper to test fittment .....

Edited by JDM55

2di26uh.jpg

so test fit all back together ,xt130 strut,ra60 disk and mx62 caliper,bolted my wheel one to make sure the caliper clears,

it all fits very well,lots of clearance between the rim and caliper, :dance:

hopefully these pics will help anyone lookin to do the same conversion,any one need to ask anything can pm me

now onto the shocks and springs mission!

wow, tonnes impressed right now.

Am thinking bout the same conversion myself. So lemme get this right, ur doin all the brakin and suspension stuff to deal with the bigger power etc, so if i didnt do all this stuff, the conversion would still work, it would just be a death trap right??