Sr20 Conversion To Ke55 Plus Rebuild Plus Pimpage

JDM55

Members dont see this ad

Just grab a stock muffler from something that ran an SR20 from a wrecker, and then chuck it in the bin afterwards. Should only cost a few bucks!

ill try that one! haha nice idea didnt even think about something like that,

Say what now???

Yes you will need a noise test, but since when have you needed an emission with a STD ecu??

The noise tests are cheap. No more than $60-100. You might find where the noise tests are done on the Vicroads web site(never use the call centre, you'll know more than try do) or at a branch. They are mostly exhaust shops. I know Daalder exhausts in dandenong did/do them, that's where I got the 11 done. Was about $40 from memory but that was 6 years ago.

With the emission test I'd ask JC where he recomends to go. Never had to do one myself.

dunno man jc said he wants a noise test and a emissions test, but i think he can do the emissions one , just gota find a muffler and get the noise one done, i think he just wants me to sort it all out then take the car to him and hes just going to do the brake test and tick everything off, well i hope it goes like that haha, still i gota get some cash together all this and that gona cost me, done some over time tonite ,and probably give working on the car a miss this weekend and do more over time ,hopefully start geting a few more bits and pieces.

Sorry but the varex is 100% illegal. You won't pass a blue slip with one (not sure what you call blue slips in Vic?), you won't pass engineering with one, and if the cops pull you over and spot it, you'll probably get a defect.

I've got no beef with you running one, I had one on my Subaru until the novelty wore off, but there's no sense in wasting your time hoping it'll pass when it's unlikely they'll even get the test equipment out when they see it.

thats what i was thinking haha , but will break balls if i turn up there and he says change the muffler and come back :bash:

XON's right Ryan. They know what they are now it's harder to get away with them. After all the BS you've gone through that's the last thing you want when your going for your inspections. You want it to pretty much pass the first time.

Personally I'm not a fan of that muffler. I don't see the point because you have the turbo you can still keep them quiet and have good flow.

yeah true , well personaly i like it ,spewing abit there illegal,cost me a fair bit of cash ,and even the guy at the shop didnt say anything about them being illegal,grrrr i guess il have to change it for engineering , don't know when that will be ill need to save more money to buy another one, so cars back on hold again! itl just have to sit and collect dust for a while.

Edited by JDM55

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is an awesome build!!

Thanks mate , you can buy it if you want save you doing all the work to your one!,

yes that wasnt actualy a joke, due to a massive change in circumstances I'm going to have to sell my beast of a car,

it realy is a beast!! been doing a bit of driving in it , and wow is all i can say , its fast! and handles like a machine , very firm on the road ,

but yes it will be going up for sale shortly,

any one seriously interested may contact me and talk figures ,but i will do a for sale thread in the for sale section,

as well as the car i have a bunch of random car items that will be going up for sale also, ill be listing every thing on ebay, and

supply the links also,

if you guys are a ebay user ,please add me to your favourites sellers and keep an eye on what ive got up for sale ,

id realy hope that my car goes to some one with a bit of respect for what ive managed to build , not blowing my own trumpet ,

but this is the best car ive ever built with out a doubt my best work,and it shows ,

i wont be asking for any insame amount either , but just so you guys know , been going thru reciets and lists of money spent ,

its well over 20,000 !!! it was deffinatly the smaller things that put the cost so high ,once they just start adding up ....

any way i will keep you guys tuned with the sales of items and car ,and other stuff also ,i have alot going on at the moment ,

but i realy would like the car to end up with a rolla club member ,and treat her good ,

peace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...