Sr20 Conversion To Ke55 Plus Rebuild Plus Pimpage

JDM55

Members dont see this ad

decided to repaint the xmember and the sway bar and parts just cause they were all scratched up from the engine going in and out over a billion times , lol well maybe not that extreme but at least 10 lost count after 10.after they were painted , it was into the oven!!!!!! gave every thing a good clean and got rid of all the dust and started the masking process, lots of holes to mask and had to mask up all the black painted bits etc

111120112880small.jpg

its very hard to get a decent picture in the oven , just have to take my word for it the paint turned out awesum!!! I'm very happy with how it came out and all that sanding and prep work payed off :) alot better than how i thought it would come up any way.

111120112936small.jpg

121120112959small.jpg

121120112980small.jpg

121120112984small.jpg

121120112996small.jpg

121120112997small.jpg

121120112999small.jpg

121120113140small.jpg

after the paint was dry i managed to get a few small things back on ,the above pic is of the squirter jets for the windscreen as they usualy are on the 55,

i wanted to get rid of as much stuff as i could like this , it just looks untidy with bits hanging out all over the place,

so what i did was slightly bent the squirter jets and connected them to the tube running all the way from the bottle in the boot,then mounted them on the inside if the valance,rather that the factory position in the engine bay,that way it gets rid of the squirter jet frame and the hoses hanging all over the place :)

new tube position

121120113079small.jpg

hidden

121120113080small.jpg

also took apart the factory wiring loom and rewired alot of it,extending wires into new positions , then run it thru the chasis into the car , and it runs round the front and back up the other side and into the chasis , couple of reasons 1 again to tidy the wiring up 2 i couldnt use the factory loom positions as they were blocked off from the strenghtening tubes ,

121120113018small.jpg

round the front

121120113081small.jpg

other side

121120113074small.jpg

this is the plug that goes to the wiper motor,it used to come out of the fire wall loom, but you can see the tubes block off where that old loom would have came out, so it was moved and made to come out the hole just above where it used to.

121120113028small.jpg

and reassembled the wiper motor arms and put them in to place then attached the wiper motor and fitted that,then clamped the wiring in place

121120113093small.jpg

121120113128small.jpg

thats about it for this week, a great start back to the work tho!! realy happy with how the paint on the engine bay came out ,and its great to see things that have been painted and sitting in boxes waiting, get put back on the car after so long,still heaps to go but i feel like theres been some sort of progress made in just s short amount of time.try to get some better pic of the engine bay when the lighting is abit better ,so hard to get a nice shot,the pics realy don't do it justice.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice. Glad to see you're back on track mate.:y:

Cheers mate, I'm glad to be back and doing some work on the car,slowly but surely is the key at the moment :)

since the engine bay has been painted i can start putting things back in ,so ive been doing lots of little stuff,

fitted the accell cable

fitted the brake booster

fitted the master cylinder and custom brake lines with proportioning valve

made some new short looms to the head lights,

painting various small parts,

fitted a brand new windscreen with molds

fitted new head lights and frames

20111202175830small.jpg

a better pic of the colour in the engine bay,realy loving this colour ,and the gloss is very high and has a deep look about it,:)

finally after 2 plus years the car has all the glass back in :) love the new windscreen ,so clear and clean ,gave the wipers

a good sand and paint and replaced the wiper blades...

20111202175922small.jpg

20111202180501small.jpg

brake lines with mitsi pajero master cylinder and ke35 brake booster...

191120113169small.jpg

doing my best to keep the wiring hidden ,or at least very tidy and not all over the show, heres the short loom to the head lights using the old

indicator wiring hole , looks good and clean ,which is my goal for all the wiring , once the engine is back in the wiring is going to get hectic ,

so trying to keep every thing as clear as i can now ,there be all sorts of stuff in there when its done

20111202180848small.jpg