Mikes 1990 Seca Sx

Tazz

Hey just signed up and thought i'd chuck up some quick info on my rolla. car isn't anything special really at the moment.

Heres some basic specs of the car.

- 1990 Seca SX

- red paint that is showing its age

- standard smallport 4AGE that is slowly on the way out

- 16" hyperfang wheels, soon to be replaced by a set of simmons wheels

- cat back exhaust that was there when i bought the car.

Suspension:

- Noltec bushes

- Lovells springs (25-40mm lower)

- pedders camber kit on the front

- ultima shocks, cheap option but they're alright compared to the standard one

Interior:

- Momo wheel that a mate picked up in japan for me

- Momo gearknob, 21st present

- pioneer h/u

- some other speakers that go boom :((

Think i've got it all covered there for how the car is now

Basic plans are to put a Silvertop 20v in there shortly and get a drivers bucket seat. Would also like to finish off the boot and make up a parcel tray when i get the time off work. other than that just a general tidy up inside and out and fix up the damage to the front bumper. Then i'm off to wakefield.

Anyways heres a pic of my shopping trolley:

rolla%20001-2.JPG

Edited by Tazz

Members dont see this ad

nice little car, i've always liked that shape, it's unique

good to see someone modifying a fwd AE corolla who hasn't put a big ugly bar and mesh on it, and who has spent the money on good things like suspension, and has aspirations of race seats and circuit racing :blinks:

those wheels look good. there's a white ae92 seca in my town with them too, i've often contemplated how well they suit the body :(( sweet numberplates too :danger:

keep us posted with your progress. you get the official superjamie stamp of approval as well :dance:

thats the thing i love about this car, you put any form of mesh/bodykit/rice on it and it'll look worse than how they came out. all they need is a nice set of wheels and a good ride height.

i'm quite partial to fwd aswell now after this car, its great for getting through corners on the twisties and very predicatable... that is til the rear end starts stepping out, but even then its not too hard to keep under control.

on the note of seats, i'm waiting to hear from a guy on a Recaro SR-2 which i've put an offer on.

i'm hoping to have the car finished/engineered for a wakefield track day in october, if anyone is interested in events like that let me know as i've got a mate who rents out wakefield 4-5 times a year

thats the thing i love about this car, you put any form of mesh/bodykit/rice on it and it'll look worse than how they came out

i never thought i would hear anyone but me say those words, you are my hero :blinks:

there are more than 2 of you that think this way!

bodykits :((

• 5 weeks later...

time for a bit of an update here since theres been some changes to the trolley lately.

i've had the recaro fitted and it's great, unfortunately no pictures of it in there yet but all in good time.

i've also had my simmons repaired and have them on the car now... well sort of. here was a pic taken a few weeks ago at a dyno day where the car managed a surprising 71.4fwkw. i'm guessing that the 15w40 diesel oil that i added that morning contributed to this. i was expecting a much lower readout than this considering the oil and water usage of the engine.

SASDD11-2.JPG

but the biggest change lately has been this.....

goldtop.jpg

silvertop.jpg

the 20v is now in the car although theres still some work that needs to be done before its on the road. i'm still waiting on front brakes since the brakes that came with the engine package were warped pretty savagely so i'm going for some DBA 4000's. these should be up to the job of pulling the car up well on the track and on the old pacific hwy.

there are more pictures although they are on my mates camera and haven't been uploaded yet.

anyways i'm guessing it'll be about another week before its all done. from there i'll be off to the engineer to get it all sorted so i won't have any trouble from the police and also for insurance puposes.

Edited by Tazz

• 3 weeks later...