16v Conversion For Ae82

I've decided to chuck a 16v in my ae82 seca.

I was wondering which gen 16v would be easier to get my hands on, is there more of one version than the other in Aus?

Btw I'm wanting a front cut for the job.

I was going to keep the original gearbox from the ae82, good move? Or should I use the 16v box?

Thanks.

Members dont see this ad
I've decided to chuck a 16v in my ae82 seca.

I was wondering which gen 16v would be easier to get my hands on, is there more of one version than the other in Aus?

Btw I'm wanting a front cut for the job.

I was going to keep the original gearbox from the ae82, good move? Or should I use the 16v box?

Thanks.

either the ae82 bigport or the ae92 smallport is what you want. All the gearboxs are very similar, its better to use the one in the best condition I guess. They are all similar in ratios. Do you currently have a 4ac? if so you will also need a fueltank/pump, and a few other bits.

either the ae82 bigport or the ae92 smallport is what you want. All the gearboxs are very similar, its better to use the one in the best condition I guess. They are all similar in ratios. Do you currently have a 4ac? if so you will also need a fueltank/pump, and a few other bits.

OK great thanks, I was thinking the ae92 would be the easiest to get in a half cut.

The gearbox I have is in great condition due to the previous owner not driving much but I guess I'll have to wait and see when I get the half cut.

Yeah I have a 4ac in it at the moment. If I get ae92 seca tank will that fit?

What other parts do you think I will need?

Thanks for your help ;)

Edited by Silver_Seca_AE82

OK great thanks, I was thinking the ae92 would be the easiest to get in a half cut.

The gearbox I have is in great condition due to the previous owner not driving much but I guess I'll have to wait and see when I get the half cut.

Yeah I have a 4ac in it at the moment. If I get ae92 seca tank will that fit?

What other parts do you think I will need?

Thanks for your help ;)

Use the gearbox and driveshafts from the twinky. You may want the brakes too.

Or alternatively just buy a full running car for probably the same amount of money you'd spend on doing the conversion. AE82 Twincams can be had in full running and registered condition for $2000 if you know where to look, and that'll give you all the extra features too (Twincams are essentially CSX-spec with some extra features, better interior, great seats, sports dash, power steering/air-con options, better suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes etc etc)

Edited by Hiro Protagonist