Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raising/lifting An Ae95 Wagon

Featured Replies

Hi, guys

 

I have just recently aquired a 4WD Wagon, my plans for this are to take it out bush, for camping and shooting I would like to raise it a few inches for more ground clearence. Can anyone suggest springs I can use and anything else I would need to do to give it some hight..

 

Cheers, C.

Edited by 4wdwgn

Let me know how it goes, ive got an ae95 too and taken it down the beach in adelaide but wouldnt mind it abit higher for bush bashing

To my knowledge, Kingsprings make a raised spring for off-road usage. I'm unsure however as to the type of shock you'll need to employ for it's usage, or whether you can get away with retaining the original shock.

i also have an ae95 wagon i have had new exhaust fitted and bathurst globe wheels fitted i am now looking to do the suspension on my car i plan on taking it to kangaroo island for some serious bush bashing keep me posted on how it goes if anybody knows were to find springs and shocks please let me know

  • Author

just checked out the king spring website and ther cataloge lists lowered and standard springs but not raised..

i also have an ae95 wagon i have had new exhaust fitted and bathurst globe wheels fitted i am now looking to do the suspension on my car i plan on taking it to kangaroo island for some serious bush bashing keep me posted on how it goes if anybody knows were to find springs and shocks please let me know

 

what colour is ur wagon? size rims and also ur exhasut system? what size and any gains? I'm thinking of going with an exhaust soon. ive taken my wagon to KI already does pretty well in the bush. ive got the light blue one with 16" wheels...noticebale big dent on driver door

Try your luck at ARB etc (ones that deal with the off roaders)

You might have a bit more luck asking the question on http://www.outerlimits4x4.com (its an Aussie site) then what you would have here.

Lifting AE95 corolla

 

But all in all its only a soft roader - but with a central diff lock :jamie:

From memory it uses the same rear diff as the ae86 spinter..... which opens the world to a front LSD and a rear locker.

But all in all it is only a soft roader that uses cv's for the front and too much extra hight will just help in wearing the joints down

  • Author

took some pic's of the ol girl tonite..

 

IMG_5045.jpg

 

IMG_5046.jpg

 

IMG_5044.jpg

 

IMG_5051.jpg

 

IMG_5047.jpg

 

IMG_5048.jpg

 

IMG_5049.jpg

 

IMG_5050.jpg

 

IMG_5043.jpg

 

enjoy.. :jamie:

 

will the tacho dash from the seca's fit straight in? or will I need to make some mods to make it work?

Edited by 4wdwgn

  • Author

I found out that E series falcon (rear) srings are the go for the back, I have few of these cars laying around for spairs so sorcing a set will not be an issue, they should lift it 1.5 inches, I was thinking for the front, I'll just make up 1.5 inch spacers to go on top of the front struts...

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Took the beast in for a RWC on monday, it needs a new screen, LHF outer CV boot, wiper blades all round, and the battery clamp needs to be secured correctly..

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

waahoo, got the ol girl regestered yesterday.. can't weight to take it out the bush this weekend for a test run..

  • Author

bit of an update, fitted the falcon (EA) rear springs today, raised it 2.5 inches, only mod I needed to was cut the lower shocker mount and turn it up so the mount is 2 inches higher than were it was.. pic's tomorrow (no more light left today)..

  • Author

Here are the pic's.. a little late, been busy :jamie: ..

 

IMG_5200.jpg

 

IMG_5203-1.jpg

the yellow dotted section is were I moved the mount from. I still have the make the parnard rod adjustable so that I can centralise the diff..

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Been busy at it over the xmas break, and got stuck into the front end.

The spacers on top of the struts caused strut to rub on the body, due to the location of where the stub bolts up, so I ditched that idea and re-located the stub mounting position to under neath the strut, fabricating my own bracketrey. to get the correct raised height of 2"s I had to also lower the the spring cradle. Tomorrow i'll be going to pickup a pair of inserts for the front and a pair of commo rear shocks for the back end. i'll take some pic's tomorrow of the struts and how it looks after its all back together..

  • Author

this is what it looks like with the front raised..

IMG_0279.jpg

rear raised, front std height.

IMG_5200.jpg

but need to pull it all out to fit the new inserts..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.