Raising/lifting An Ae95 Wagon

4wdwgn

Hi, guys

I have just recently aquired a 4WD Wagon, my plans for this are to take it out bush, for camping and shooting I would like to raise it a few inches for more ground clearence. Can anyone suggest springs I can use and anything else I would need to do to give it some hight..

Cheers, C.

Edited by 4wdwgn

Members dont see this ad

i also have an ae95 wagon i have had new exhaust fitted and bathurst globe wheels fitted i am now looking to do the suspension on my car i plan on taking it to kangaroo island for some serious bush bashing keep me posted on how it goes if anybody knows were to find springs and shocks please let me know

i also have an ae95 wagon i have had new exhaust fitted and bathurst globe wheels fitted i am now looking to do the suspension on my car i plan on taking it to kangaroo island for some serious bush bashing keep me posted on how it goes if anybody knows were to find springs and shocks please let me know

what colour is ur wagon? size rims and also ur exhasut system? what size and any gains? I'm thinking of going with an exhaust soon. ive taken my wagon to KI already does pretty well in the bush. ive got the light blue one with 16" wheels...noticebale big dent on driver door

Try your luck at ARB etc (ones that deal with the off roaders)

You might have a bit more luck asking the question on http://www.outerlimits4x4.com (its an Aussie site) then what you would have here.

Lifting AE95 corolla

But all in all its only a soft roader - but with a central diff lock :jamie:

From memory it uses the same rear diff as the ae86 spinter..... which opens the world to a front LSD and a rear locker.

But all in all it is only a soft roader that uses cv's for the front and too much extra hight will just help in wearing the joints down

I found out that E series falcon (rear) srings are the go for the back, I have few of these cars laying around for spairs so sorcing a set will not be an issue, they should lift it 1.5 inches, I was thinking for the front, I'll just make up 1.5 inch spacers to go on top of the front struts...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been busy at it over the xmas break, and got stuck into the front end.

The spacers on top of the struts caused strut to rub on the body, due to the location of where the stub bolts up, so I ditched that idea and re-located the stub mounting position to under neath the strut, fabricating my own bracketrey. to get the correct raised height of 2"s I had to also lower the the spring cradle. Tomorrow i'll be going to pickup a pair of inserts for the front and a pair of commo rear shocks for the back end. i'll take some pic's tomorrow of the struts and how it looks after its all back together..