Greenslips Are A Ripoff

rob83ke70

$500 give or take a little bit for a greenslip for my motorcycle.... isn't a greenslip supposed to cover people that you injure in an accident?? so basically I'm more likely to kill someone else if I have an accident with myself on the motorcycle and someone in a car... How does that figure????

doesn't the other guy's greenslip cover me in the event of an accident? Am I paying for everybody else's chance of hurting me?

And somehow the price is extortionate only on the larger motorcycles... I find it really hard to believe that my chances of killing another person are increased by riding a 600cc bike over a 250cc bike... my chances of dying either way are pretty high though....

STUPID INSURANCE COMPANIES, they are as bad as fuel companies.

Robert.

Members dont see this ad

the reason they get more expensive as the capacity grows is that they don't run off power to weight ratio, only power

but yeh 600cc bikes normally accelerate faster than 250cc ones

but i do agree that it is a bit of a rip-off, although if you look at the statistics then you it will make sense

they are obviously dumb. the statistics would show that fatalities increase in the event of multiple vehicle accidents involving motorcycles especially as the capacity of the motorcycle increases....

but who has the fatalities?? who gets the injuries???

OMG we ran over a motorcycle rider, and four of the five people in our big SUV need to make a claim on the greenslip for personal injuries but the motorcyle rider is perfectly ok... yeah right.

Robert.

and I own a car as well, so I've already paid a greenslip, now whilst I am riding the bike, I'm not driving the car so there fore there is one less car on the road..... but somehow I need to pay through the nose for more third party personal injury insurance...

Seats don't matter, its just on engine size. my mate on his ct90 got $50 cheaper greenslips than myself on my ct110, go figure, its not like they are any different to ride - his probably went harder than mine because it wasn't worn out.

My car is not that dear to insure!!

Robert.

basically, they have increased the premium for motorcycles to account for claims on car owner's ctp policies relating to when THEY crash into motorcycles....

third party personal injury insurance covers the THIRD PARTY... so why do they get to increase motorcyclists insurance when the increased claims are from the car drivers insurance...

I haven't got anyone to tell me this exactly, let alone put it in writing... QBE went into panic mode and referred me to MAA who then told me that they don't have the "statistics" on which the policies and premiums are based on and I should talk to QBE....

I want this in writing dammit!!!

Why should I as a motorcyclist pay for car's stupidity??

Robert.