Ke55 Project

Jason KE30

So I'm in the middle of taking out the gearbox right now, but I'm having one issue, the f*cking clutch cable! It's different from the ones I've seen on all the other rolla's i've had to remove the gearbox from. It seems like it's had a new cable put in by the previous owner. There is a rubber bung that's stopping the fork linkage from coming off. Anyone had this issue before? How did you remove it?

I wanna take the gearbox out so I can paint inside the gearbox tunnel.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i said to you jase, I came across this type pulling a 5k out of a K50 equipped KE30. I used an engine crane to hoist the engine, pulling on the clutch cable, lifting the gearbox up, lifting the car up. then cut the cable, they go easily when under a little tension :)

Got it all sorted. Just un-hooked the cable from the clutch pedal. But then I had another major issue.

I was up to the last bellhousing bolt which just happened to be a starter motor bolt, and for some reason it was extremely tight and so the head of the bolt just stripped straight away. So me and my dad spent about an hour trying to figure out how to get this bloody bolt out. Ended up having to undo the cross member so that the rear of the gearbox dropped down a little so we could drill the head off the bolt. That did the trick and the gearbox pretty much fell into our laps lol.

So now I've finally got everything out from underneath the car so it's just down to cleaning it all up and spray painting it with chassis black.

So I was trying to find the name of the colour that I want to throw on this little beauty and after some investigating, I found it. It's called 'Ford Breeze'. Here is a picture of the colour on a Nissan Stagea which I think is a damn sexy colour and would suit a ke30 to the T.

post-5233-1260437316_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you guys think of it.

• 4 weeks later...

G'day Jason, looks like a sweet project mate and you got it at a good price.

A mate of mine painted his LH Torana in Ford "Breeze" and it came up pretty trick, here is a pic of it.

100_2146.jpg

Good luck with the build,

Dougal

Damn I'm lovin that colour more and more, cheers doogs. Gonna look awesome on a 55 rolla.

Just a quick update, picked myself up a set of superlites today. In immaculate condition, pretty much brand spankin new for a meazley $500.

Rear quarter is definitely being welded in this week sometime. Will take pics and show everyone.

I've decided that I want this thing to be finished by March 26th aka, my 18th ;).

Cheers

Jason

I've been thinkin over the past couple of days, what if I'm not happy with the engine I've got in this thing?? So I've been thinking maybe I might invest in an engine conversion. Not yet of course, I'll put around with the 4k for a little while. Any suggestions, other than 4age or a nissan engine?

LS7 with Twin Turbos !!! :S

Nah but seriously, I would go with the RWD F20C or what ever it's called. It's out of the Honda S2000. It might be a bit different when it comes to conversions, but I'm just throwing up ideas.... LS7 Twin Turbo. :)

Josh :(

Edited by ewt