Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My 5K Ke35!

Featured Replies

The previous owner had water in it and I flushed it through prior to putting coolant in it.

 

Maybe I didnt flush it through enough.

 

Howd you manage to strip the thread? Were you using a torque wrench?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 109.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Yeah used a torque wrench but when I set it to 35 foot/pounds I was actually setting it to about 45, It was a fricken amateur mistake. What I should of done is slept on it and done it tomorrow morning, someone's suggested just tapping it to the next size up and fitting a different bolt but am a bit unsure about that.

  • Author

You guys aren't open tomorrow morning are you?

  • Author

Got an update, block fixed and got the motor and gear box mounted in the car, unfortunately the holes for the gearbox mount is out by about 10mm either side so I'll have to take it to work and drill new holes with the hoist.

 

BUT before I can do that I have a few things to do:

 

Bolt in Radiator

Electrics.....New starter/alternator loom and other ancillaries

Install distributor and do timing

Bolt on inlet and exhaust manifolds

Hook up speedo cable

Sort out cooling system

Install fuel pump and wire up

Re-install deck/centre console

 

And then I think it's time to get it cranking.....Will have a video As soon as it's finished.

Edited by jono1986

how did you fix the thread. i would have thought the helli coil wouldnt have been that strong'

 

ive seen the new wurth helli coil designs (crazy stuff but its $180 for a kit 1 size. other wise re-thread the next size up the bolts taper any way don't they?

  • Author

Nuh I got captain thread out and he fixed it for $88, a kit from sprints is $230 so maybe I'll get that in the future. Got some electrics done, just need to do the rest.

  • Author

Just a small update.....

 

 

 

 

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Awesome work! Sounds like she is running like a dream.

  • Author

Just finished the wiring the thermofan and fuel pump in and took a maiden drive, feels good just needs either rejetting of the carby that's on there or the installation of the twin dellorto's.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Alright, thought I was gonna get the twin dellorto's on the car and be able to drive it for a bit but a mate has offered to do all the body work and get it in primer ready to be painted. So I'll be dropping it off maybe tomorrow to get all that done, and also planning what's going to happen with the dash and everything else......will have major updates in a couple of weeks.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Build has successfully started, got a few pic's. Will write more when I have the energy

 

What we started with

post-9470-024111000 1299059943_thumb.jpg

 

What it's like at the moment

post-9470-038049800 1299059955_thumb.jpg

 

Most of the wiring out and dash almost ready to come out

post-9470-047294400 1299059977_thumb.jpg

 

The new beast out of it again

post-9470-001445400 1299059970_thumb.jpg

 

This shows a big rust hole at the bottom of the plenum, looking into what we can do to stop this from happening in the future

post-9470-027562500 1299059987_thumb.jpg

 

Got major re-wire plans for the whole electrical system including all hidden wiring and whatnot, battery to the boot and so on. Also got some mad dash plans with some awesome looking gauges.....but got lots of diagrams to draw up first.

 

Anyway I'm going to go pass out will have an update hopefully very soon.

  • Author

Just another update:

 

post-9470-084005900 1299661416_thumb.jpg

 

post-9470-034549600 1299661427_thumb.jpg

 

post-9470-020864400 1299661438_thumb.jpg

 

post-9470-073810900 1299661448_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.