Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My 5K Ke35!

Featured Replies

woo f@$king hoo! there is no turing back.... your balls deep man.....balls deep!!! :y: :y: :y:

  • Replies 60
  • Views 109.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

I know man, and it's all mounting up aye......such a massive list of things to do and also cash to save.

  • Author

Hey guys, got another update (no picts so a little boring). Things have gone a bit south.....the front right hand side of the car has been in a major crash (before i bought it) and what I think they've done is welded the front end of another car on which has thrown everything on the front off. Also after seeing what's involved in getting the plenum in front of the windscreen out to get to the rust I started to worry that it's way too much of a project. And also there is a farely hefty rust hole in the back left pillar which will require alot of attention....but there is hope, a fellow member contacted me a little while ago about his ke35 for sale with no engine or trans. Went down to have a look and is a MUCH better starting point than the one I've got. So I'll be picking that up next week and scrapping my original car. So bad news with good news which is good.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey guys bit of an update, white coupe has gone to scrap due to major issues, have got a couple of pics for better explanation;

 

This pic shows where someone has replaced the front section of the car with another car......very dodgely done.

 

post-9470-080289100 1301120080_thumb.jpg

 

The rust in the sill (underneath the door)

 

post-9470-057004200 1301120094_thumb.jpg

 

The rust in the Rear Left piller

 

post-9470-057297500 1301120106_thumb.jpg

 

The rust in the plenum in front of the window

 

post-9470-014380400 1301120126_thumb.jpg

 

What it went to the scrap yard like

 

post-9470-017706000 1301120284_thumb.jpg

 

And the new beast, which I am quiet happy about as it's a much better starting point than the other one

 

post-9470-053649800 1301120425_thumb.jpg

Shit dude, saw the pic of your car with the roof cut off and thought WTF. Read this thread and all is explained

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Thought I'd update this again, have started to strip the replacement e35 and am very happy with the current condition of it compared to my old one.

 

I've hit a bit of a cross road though.....Basically I plan on doing a full rebuild like paint, interior, new dash etc and I've seen a 3sge beams package with 6 spd box for under 3k, do you guys think it's worth doing that. I mean it's a fairly broad question and I know alot of people ask this type of question all the time, I don't mind spending a little bit of money and can do all the mechanical work myself. Apart from specialist things like machining parts and what not.

 

So should I Beams it up or should I stick with the worked 5k for now (haven't driven it yet so don't know what the powers like).

 

P.s. I know what's involved, as in diff upgrade, brakes, suspension and so on.

 

Cheers

  • 4 weeks later...

Stay true to the Corolla's origins - yeah sure a 5K was never factory but it looks basically the same. Should be good fun if driven with a bit of dedication.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Decided against the beams, rather go with what I already have and buy a v8 daily later if need be.

 

No update for sooooo long and almost lost interest but am working on it tomorrow and hopefully get alot of the rust repaired, fingers majorly crossed.

 

Also got some new stuff for it like extractors, twin dellorto manifold, gilmer drive on it's way, twin headlight setup......

 

Have decided to go with a metallic blue and maybe some darker wheels but will try the dragways out for a little while. Also have to work out what I'm doing with the electrical and the custom dash setup, but have seen some heaps nice guages that I want.

 

Wll have some update pics tomorrow afternoon.

  • Author

Just some update pics:

 

post-9470-0-77731100-1306845667_thumb.jpg

 

Chassis work:

 

post-9470-0-37569900-1306845688_thumb.jpg

 

Sill work:

 

post-9470-0-30146900-1306845699_thumb.jpg post-9470-0-92679000-1306845711_thumb.jpg

 

 

Some more repair work has been done, will take more update pics soon.

Edited by jono1986

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Ok this has been one hell of a journey....up and down the entire time, but this is back on track. Saw a coupe online and just remember how good it felt to drive the coupe and loved people askin about it and all that stuff......

 

Moving it this saturday to another mates place which is only about a 2.5 minute walk instead of a 45 minute drive. Then work on it on saturday's and also got the first week of October off so should hopefully get it all back together by then.....

 

I am more keen than ever before to get this project done, I kinda got sidetracked by another project but I think all my daily needs to be is what it is at the moment.

 

Here's a pic of that:

 

post-9470-0-53601300-1315095779_thumb.jpg

Great news! we all go through stages with our cars, but it's those who stick at it that get the best results

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Just a photo update:

 

post-9470-0-26835300-1316920328_thumb.jpg

 

post-9470-0-50285400-1316920335_thumb.jpg

 

post-9470-0-14327900-1316920342_thumb.jpg

 

post-9470-0-79191800-1316920350_thumb.jpg

  • 6 months later...

nice work, I'm loving the it so far. Keep posting

  • 2 years later...

post-21486-0-22581200-1416745211_thumb.jpgHello . I have the same two door corolla 1976 and i want to know about the dashboard ,

if the divided dashboar can fit to a car with the dash board one piece.post-21486-0-22581200-1416745211_thumb.jpg

post-21486-0-30318700-1416745227_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.