Blue Plates----modification Plate

4ages

Most know my car, I have converted it from carby single cam ae82 to injected twin cam. As I am getting a roady today dude says that engine not for this car, I say but from the factory they came and same as the brakes.. All I have is a bigport from and 87 mod into my 86, engine and rear brakes

Do I need a mod tag???????

****need to know before I waste $260****

Members dont see this ad
Most know my car, I have converted it from carby single cam ae82 to injected twin cam. As I am getting a roady today dude says that engine not for this car, I say but from the factory they came and same as the brakes.. All I have is a bigport from and 87 mod into my 86, engine and rear brakes

Do I need a mod tag???????

****need to know before I waste $260****

It shouldnt cost $250 to plate an engine. I do believe you need a mod plate, however, I hope Curly pops up and gives us the lowdown...

Mod plate will cover engine and gearbox.

So 2 codes.

Most places will charge $90-$100 for a code on the mod plate.

So that would be $200 for the codes plus roughly $50 for the road worthy.

The price you quoted is right, nothing wrong with it.

I'm pretty sure you need it...

I went through the process of getting a mod plate, except it was a 4agze into an AE92 SX.

And the SX didn't come with the gze variant.

This supposedly covers two mods and roady, but why when they are from same model car???

Because the vin of the chassis describes a different car. All those letters and numbers mean something apparently. And they don't describe the vehicle that it is today I guess. Its just buerocracy, thats not bad for 2 plates. One at that price would be exxy but 2 is good.

i remember back in the day my mate had an st162 celica, his was originally a 3sfe.

he bought a SX, which has the 3sge. (it was smashed good, but all the running gear was fine)

now we went to department of transport, and they said we didnt need a mod plate if the engine was an option for the car, and that all the brakes/suspension were off the same model.

so we just ripped everything off the SX car, and chucked the entire engine/running gear/suspension into his car.

and then just went and changed the engine number on the rego papers

i wonder if we could have gotten away with that if we were trying to get it registered (in our case the car was already registered)