Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Engine Conversion Too A Sr20det, Or 4agze

Featured Replies

Hey all,

 

In the next 3 or 4 weeks I'm planning on begining my build starting with rust repair and overall stuff

 

I'm after engine mounts too either suit sr20 or 4agze to fit into my ke36 wagon, where would i get drawings for these ? Or would anyone be making or selling theres?

 

ive called some shops but no reply so i believe there abit lazy.. I'm in no rush for the engine swap, but i would like too get the main stuff that i need to get the motor and gearbox too sit perfectly!

 

and also would it be wise of me to find a half cut for these motors. or begin from scratch and buy all the indevidual stuff?

 

thanks

See Sam Q about the mounts, he seems to be making quite a few bits and pieces. I would say go for a half-cut, usually ends up saving a few headaches.

  • Author

wow thats tops man cheers!

 

with a half cut would i still need to tune the thing on a dyno? or will it be ok with the stock ecu and all

thanks Ken, yes after I do my 4age to ke mounts I plan on doing the CA/SR to KE mounts next. All in due time

Edited by Sam_Q

  • Author

where are you located and how much are you selling the mounts for? I'm totally interested! you must be doing some legendary stuff to make all these mounts :)

You said you could weld?

 

The mounts are one of the easiest bits.

 

 

 

As for half cut, no. unless youre rich.

 

There are sr20 turbo long motors going through ebay for around $400, get one of these,

 

inlet manifold with injectors is worth $100, factory turbo exhaust mani is worth $20,

 

I would use an aftermarket ecu, as nissan ones are annoying.

I wont know what I can sell them for till I have made a set. To give you some idea though the 4age to KE mounts will be around 200 for the pair and $90 for the universal trans mount. I havent even measured up the mounting points on the block yet.

 

Endeavour Hills is 40km S.E of melbourne.

 

and yes it hasn't been easy to try and measure, design, make dummy's, test fit, make jigs, make final versions and then finally recheck them. All inbetween doing out of state work. It's a slow process and thats why it has taken me so long for just these 4age mounts. The good news is though that I am almost done with them so I can move on.

 

So whats your location?

You said you could weld?

 

The mounts are one of the easiest bits.

 

 

 

As for half cut, no. unless youre rich.

 

There are sr20 turbo long motors going through ebay for around $400, get one of these,

 

inlet manifold with injectors is worth $100, factory turbo exhaust mani is worth $20,

 

I would use an aftermarket ecu, as nissan ones are annoying.

 

I should have specified, I know nothing about the sr20... but as far as the 4age, in WA it is usually cheaper to plunder a complete car that someone else has converted then given up on.

  • Author

I'm in brisbane, but ill pay postage aswell, reason i can't bf to make these mounts is its time consumming on my behalf and i wont have much time trying to do the other stuff.. if its possible tho for some plans of the mounts ill happily take those off your hands :)

ok I will let you know if I manage to get somewhere. I will need someone to do the final checks in a car for me when the time comes so that first set will be quite discounted.

  • Author

hahahha well if they hold up , and will pass and work ill take em off your hands

maklng the mounts is by far the easiest part of this conversion, sit it in place, chock it up with pieces of plywood, measure everything, give youself enough clearance to the x menber, make sure your mainshaft of your gearbox and your diff pinion are in the same plane at ride height, not facing each other but in line, measure everything again, when your totally satisfied it's as good as it can be and the bonnet closes start making mounts, TALK TO YOUR ENGINEER

Hey mate jump on Trademe over here, 4age mounts can be had for 80-150nz depending on whos making them, they are everywhere. Some also give you a certificate for the welding to say they have been tested and up to standard. Goodluck with the build :)

  • Author

nah no luck for me , another reason why is i don't like my work , not saying its bad but when someone else does it i can put all the weight on there shoulders if it gets damaged n what not

reason i can't bf to make these mounts is its time consumming on my behalf and i wont have much time

 

 

nah no luck for me , another reason why is i don't like my work , not saying its bad but when someone else does it i can put all the weight on there shoulders if it gets damaged n what not

 

Seriously man, are you sure you want to do this? With this attitude, it will cost you squillions! Good luck anyways.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.