Rt40 '67 Corona Exchangables

vltrb-0

yeh your right man chris here, i think darren tried touchy feely with the spider and it smashed him

i dunno how he cut himself but usually he comes out with alot more damage working on cars

i got bitten on the arse too cained for like 4 days

should be on the road in a few weeks but i must say I'm fair raging at the mechanic for his crap road worthy skills, he's asked me to replace 4 items that aren't worn or damaged and has missed another 3-4 items that do need replacing

hahahaha did dazza rock up to your place with a shifter, hammer and 3 punches?

i went to this mechanic in epping, dodgiest c**t by FAR. he said my windshield was sandblasted and thats it (didnt see the BAD oil leak, worn balljoints so i was LAUGHING :lol: )

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahahaha did dazza rock up to your place with a shifter, hammer and 3 punches?

i went to this mechanic in epping, dodgiest c**t by FAR. he said my windshield was sandblasted and thats it (didnt see the BAD oil leak, worn balljoints so i was LAUGHING :dance: )

i need this mechanics number cause i'll be going to him in the future, this guys a joke, I'm nearly finished just waiting on exhaust repair and indicator

How Did you go?

alright update, i passed the road worthy by the skin of my teeth, and i brushed them that morning. Its registered and on the road, i had a radiator blow out, it was full of rust i ran some mild costic soda through it which resulted in freeing the rust up that was blocking the holes in the cores.

so i retro fitted a radiator nearly twice as big and it keeps it heaps cooler, now i have a problem with the needle and seat within the carby which results in fuel pissing out everywhere after it idles for a bit

basically I'm going to slap an engine conversion in it but i'll let people know what will be going in there when i actually get a front cut and commit i don't want to be a forum shit talker dreamer

cheers for the interest

I've got a set of 1 3/4" SU's on an Intake manifold to suit these things if you were interested in traditional tuning.

i'll keep it in mind but I'm heading more modern, few firewall mods and with any luck it should be fitting

what i will do though is store this engine and if the day comes to selling the car the purchaser can have first rights to it, so if they want OG spec all the parts are there, only problem is the firewall mods might take some originality away lol

You can upgrade to a dual circuit brake master cylinder using one from a ka lazer.same bolt pattern.If you use the front brakes off a ta22 get ones off a pre 74 model as they changed to different bearings after that.To stiffen up the front end you can bolt 2 sway bars under the front.

What radiator did you end up using?

cheers for the brake upgrade options i'll more than likely source something like that, i ended up using a radiator out of a st141 corona

mounting of the rad was a bit of a laugh its so wide it just fits in between the chassis rails and i had to remove the windage tray for the old rad but it works really well now