Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 Undecided On Motor

Featured Replies

hey guys i am a noob here and i am looking for some information on my ke20.

 

At this stage she is bog stock apart from some rims and a 4k motor, but all this is about to change. I will be completly rebuilding her with some sort of turbo motor(at this stage its a ca18det).

 

What i need to know is who has built a 20, what alternative engine, brakes, suspension, chassis strengthening if any, diffs, any information that can help me would be greatly appreciated.

 

I will be pushing whatever motor i put into her to make some decent power say 250-300hp.

 

I'm not going to muck around with this build i will be taking my time to build it right first time.

 

cheers in advance guys

joshy

i built a 13BT one, check out my members ride thread for info

  • Author

sorry mate should have made it clearer i still want to be able to drive it on the road and the only rotor i can put in is a n/a 12A

yeah, up to 1.9 litre turbo is allowed in NSW. Depending on the build, some get sr20det engineered too.

How does that work? Your allowed a 1.8 turbo 'piston' motor, but not allowed a 1.3 turbo 'rotor' motor?? :y:

they class a 12a as 2.4 13b as 2.6 20b as 4.0 and so on , just pp a 12a man lol

I'm putting a ca18det into mi ke26 wags...a tad different to a ke20 but not much...but same principles apply..

brakes I'm going to get a hopper stoppers kit, struts I'm going to convert the standard struts to coilovers, diff = hilux, gearbox = jatco 3spd, custom tailshaft with loop.

I'm going for 350rwhp. as for chassis work i don't think ill really do anything... front end steering is getting rebuilt..

  • Author
I'm putting a ca18det into mi ke26 wags...a tad different to a ke20 but not much...but same principles apply..

brakes I'm going to get a hopper stoppers kit, struts I'm going to convert the standard struts to coilovers, diff = hilux, gearbox = jatco 3spd, custom tailshaft with loop.

I'm going for 350rwhp. as for chassis work i don't think ill really do anything... front end steering is getting rebuilt..

 

are you going to make a custom crossmember or do you only need new engine mounts? Do you need to customise your tunnel to fit the ca box in?

 

cheers for the info

joshy

yes crossmember is going to be modified and new engine mounts are going to be made.. The tunnel is going to be modified a little bit to fit the jatco. but I'm still not sure how much as I'm still stripping the car.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.