My 5k Engine

Xany

Hey fellas......on the weekend i picked up a 5k engine out of the trading post....i knew it was rooted...the fella i bought it off said that he thought it was a blown head gasket......so i took the head off as soon as i got home and sure enough number one cylinder was all pitted......so i'm thinking hmmm.....if i bore it and take it out as far as it will go i might have a 5K to chuck into my car.... :D still got alot of work to do on it......however i was going to ask does anyone know how far a 5K engine will bore out to......it's got me a little worried.....the piston caps have stamped in the top 0.50......i think the standard bore size on them is 80.5 mm.....any help would be awesome....

i also picked up a 3k Big bore head...... :) i'm not gunna say how much i paid for it though......hehehehe.......i got it off a mate.....so with the 3K big bore head on the 5K block i'm thinking it will go alright......:)...

Members dont see this ad

ill either get nailed down like a bord to the floor or gather a responce for this question - but ill ask it because id like to know the anwser, even if it has been said b 4 and i havnt caught on..

In the states, ive seen the ke70 models with 1.8 L engines - did they eva come out in australia, and if they did what was the code? (a hunch is saying 5k, but its a very blury hunch at that....)

in the states, they were the TE7* so they came with T series engines... and if i remember correctly the 2T is the 1.8l?

clarification folks..

the 5K is 1497(ish)cc so a 1.5L

great f@$king llittle engine, originally from a liteace, so they're tourquey... good swap for the ke70... (i had one with a weber on oit, went nicely) :D

hmmm... I'm getting some good ideas here (and no, I'm not gona do anoter aircon / double idea question again lol)

so if i could get my hands on a 7K, what engine mount / brace points would i need to get (from what model? Eg. U need the ae71 brace thingie for the 4age motor) - any 1 know the anwser to this - and how expensive are these 7K motors?