4age/injectors

slippry

hi i have a 4age in a ae86, i changed my injectors the other day from 182cc grey injectors to 250cc green injectors, it runs alot richer now, how can i lean it out more? when i had it dynoed it made 69.7 rwkw, but was very lean after 6000 rpm have advanced the timing to 16 deg, have put new fuel lines and hard lines in too

original injectors cleaned

182cc, dark grey, 2.0ohm, 23250-16010 (AE86 4AGE)

new injectors cleaned

250cc, green, 13.8ohm, 23250-16110 (7mge)

running a fuel pressure regulator and vl turbo fuel pump 070

Edited by slippry

Members dont see this ad

Just means that the duty cycle of the injectors is going to be less to provide more fuel. Without an aftermarket computer there is no way you can control the fuel that is going to go in. The fuel pressure reg you have put on will not do anything anyway, the fuel rail has its own pressure regulator.

The computer doesn't know you have changed the injector flow by about one third, and still squirts in fuel in response to the various sensors. Of course it runs rich. Plus you will probably blow up your computer as you have gone from low to high resistance

I am guessing you have put a rising rate fuel pressure regulator on. If you persist with these injectors, take it off and return to the standard reg.

If you run the rising rate regulator with the stock injectors, you will notice a difference. It also increases the load on your fuel pump. Mind you, I ran it like that for years without a failure.

I am going to try an old HKS F-Con piggy back fuel computer on mine at some stage, with some low impedence 225cc injectors, which enables me to fiddle with the fueling a little bit (but not timing).

When I get around to dyno time, I shall see what it offers.

ive upgraded my fuel pump to a vl turbo pump, so what would be a good fuel pressure to fun it at? i had fuel lean issues, that why i needed to upgrade

The stock fuel pressure.... hence why other are telling you to go back to just using the stock FPR.