Kose's Ke70

kose

so i decided to start painting the interior today, just got the plastics done, but they come up pretty damn good

changed them from blue and cream to black :)

now i just gotta take the dash off and spray all of that, then that should be that, besides re-triming seats, and door trims

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so this car has taken a slight hiatus (due to lack of funds :lolcry: )

but i've just been thinking of what to do to the car once i got the funds back up

mainly been thinking about what suspension to chuck in

i was thinking coilovers...or do i just go with a normal setup? :happy:

anyone know the prices and what else I'm gonna have to change if i want to put ae86 coil overs in?

so this car has taken a slight hiatus (due to lack of funds :lolcry: )

but i've just been thinking of what to do to the car once i got the funds back up

mainly been thinking about what suspension to chuck in

i was thinking coilovers...or do i just go with a normal setup? :lolcry:

anyone know the prices and what else I'm gonna have to change if i want to put ae86 coil overs in?

Please don't paint it matt black. It will be cop bait, especially with a younger driver at the wheel. Everytime I see a matt black car I think, hey there's another broke kid. So do most people I talk to. Please please please do a nice original colour. White, red, cream, Silver, bronze, something like that. Aim high. Matt black looks awesome if you do even more prep than for a solid gloss colour, otherwise it just looks like ultra pov spec. Satin black is much better, or as I already suggested, an original ish colour.

Those door trims of yours look overrated as hell from the photos, and personally knowing how hard good door trims are to find for a ke, youd be better off putting those away for safe keeping or selling them and making your own from scratch, rather than destroying some of the few remaining overrated original trims out there. Ill buy em, haha. Just please don't ruin them. You can tear apart an old set to make custom ones but please keep those minty.

To fit AE86 coilovers you need to fit the ke70 strut tops to them. Also make sure you use the AE86 steering arm with them, or failing that you can use steering arms from an xt130 corona, which are just a tiny bit longer. If you want more lock you can use ae86 power steering arms which are shorter. If you want to use cambertops on your ke70 you need to find caster added tops for ae86. They have pretty much the correct caster position and the right stud pattern.

If you want negative camber without cambertops, you can fit xt130 lower control arms which are just the same but a tiny bit longer than the ke70 unit.

Looks like a nice car, have fun but please be tasteful with the mods. Otherwise when its all said and done you will have an expensive mess that isnt engineerable or as enjoyable as it could be. A grand well spent beats a dollar wasted.

:lolcry: :lolcry: :happy: :lolcry:

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

you're right about the colour, i walked out from the shed the other day and saw the ke sitting in the drive and was like "i really don't want to paint you matt black". i'm thinking of going a nice red on it ( cause i love the look of the red ones :happy:)

nah the door trims are FARRR from overrated, they just look good in the photos :lolcry:

mmm that's alot of useful information about the suspension that will be put to good use :lolcry: :lolcry:

thanky very much

now just need to get the funds up and find the parts :lolcry:

oooh quick question to anyone

around the roof lining....are there plastics that go around there?

Theres plastic on all the pillars, but it usually snaps in half when you try to remove it unless extreme care is taken. Most of the time I just paint the pillars so they look neat, and put the piping back on it protects your face when you crash. Nothing much else up there except roof lining.

MAAAAATTTTTT BLACK!!!!! Tho I'm a open licenced driver so the cops can go F themselves. Plus I don't live in the city. Plus its in my garage without rwc or rego.....

And those A pillars.... Little red is right on the money. I took extreme precautions to get them off and they just shattered to tiny bits. Was lucky I got some fresh ones off another member.

And those A pillars.... Little red is right on the money. I took extreme precautions to get them off and they just shattered to tiny bits. Was lucky I got some fresh ones off another member.

i need to source some of the a pillar plastics....i don't have any :happy:

• 2 months later...

rightio, after a long break from the rolla after having no money i've decided to crack back into it

so now it has a new home (due to moving house), and it is at a much easier place to work on it :blinks:

so far pretty much all I'm doing is trying to make the damn thing road worthy again

so i have returned the back of it to stock height

and this weekend (if i have enough time) the front shall be returned to stock height.

once all this is done i have a few things to get set to make it road worthy such as fix the hanndbreak, and diff

after that, I'm not sure what i want to do to it

i know i want to be able to drive it as a daily, so I'm just thinking a paint job, 4age conversion, sprinter suspension, and lower it again, and then i wll be one happy camper :(

WELL went to install some stock springs in the front of the rolla today and ran into quite a problem (even though it might be simple for some of you ;))

i don't know how to take the top of the strut of so that i can slip the new spring on...;)

can someone PLEASE help?

3x 12mm bolts to get strut out. pop the centre rubber off to reveal a 19mm bolt. arm yourself with a nice long bar and go nuts, if the shocker insert spins, well, have even more fun making it stop.

or if you have the equipment use a rattle gun, that works for me, every time ;)

Edited by Dropz

AHA thankyou very much, we were trying and trying with that damn 19mm bolt, but only with a small bar

oh what fun this is going to be tomorrow

hope my old man has a rachet gun lying around that i can use *fingers crossed*

So i didn't get that F@#king strut top off cause i was busy doing my mates brakes last week, so hopefull tomoz i'll get them off then back to stock height...4x4 spec lol :D

during the week my mind has been ticking away about future engine conversions...i know 4age is what i stated i wanted to put in, but i was thinking something a bit more different...and stupid lol

i've been considering an rb20...anyone does this engine swap? if so, how much work am i gonna be up for...

Edited by kose