Ke70 Accessories Wire

markhansen1983

Ok, so I'm relatively new to this- have installed a couple before. I've isolated all the wires required I believe:

front speakers

rear speakers

power

earth

aerial

the one I can't find in the head unit area is the accessories wire. This car doesn't have any stereo connected. I think i'll need to tap into another accessories wire.. Not sure where to start, but was looking at the big bunch of wires (held with black electrical tape) going to the steering wheel area. In that area there is:

blue/black wire

blue orange wire

green red wire

yellow red wire

red white wire

green white wire

blue white wire

Any of these accessories? Don't want to have to strip everyone back....if there's an easier way than this let me know, but I've had a good look around the head unit area with a test light and no luck :wink:

Cheers very much in advance- would be great if I could get her going tonight.

Members dont see this ad
ciggy is constant power (for my ke55 anyways) and i used acc from the radio fuse EASY

Cheers mate- i found the fuse by using a tester light, but can't get in behind it to find the wire :wink: at this stage that first bunch of wires i mentioned (with the blue/black wire

blue orange wire

green red wire

yellow red wire

red white wire

green white wire

blue white wire) etc, would be easiest. I found a wiring diagram, but I'm not electrician, and have no idea what it's talking about....I would appreciate it if someone knew which colour wire of this big bunch, as my feeling is it's got to be one of them...i just don't want to strip every single one back if it can be avoided, and someone on here already knows....

post-10168-1265796291_thumb.jpg

Thats not a wiring diagram, thats some sort of electrical block diagram that looks useless. Put you test light into the end of the cigarette plug and see if its on all the time, if its ignition fed just use that, the acc wire that goes into the radio doesn't suck any current so no need to change fuses or something. If someone has a wiring diagram i can tell you the exact colour wire you can use and where it is.