July 22, 200521 yr comment_59913 Actually KE35 and KE55 seats aren't all interchangeable. I leant this the hard way when I wanted to get those Honda seats into Pinky, and made the adapter plates using the rails from the KE35 as a template, and then went to bolt them in Pinky and found the rails in Pinky to be different... Report
July 23, 200521 yr comment_60047 Dam that bites demuire :sad: I am looking for some better seats myself for Betsy I used to have a mini clubman with some nice seats, wonder if i can get hold of some and see if they fit into Betsy :jamie: Report
July 23, 200521 yr comment_60048 Its only pic i have , can't see them ill try and dig one up over the weekend :jamie: Report
July 24, 200521 yr comment_60162 In the ACT as long as you use the original seat mounts/rails/tracks there is no need for and engineer to inspect it and give you a certificate :D Report
July 25, 200521 yr comment_60353 No he is saying that the Falcon seats go in RAILS AND ALL ??? Falcon seats bolt in, in no way similar to a corolla seat...so how on earth could that work??? All the KE55 and KE30 seats I have ever used/seen have bolted in identicaly...Some have the seat belts bolted to the seat some don't....but I have never seen different ones...I even have KE50 seats in my KE35 now...I dunno what seats you got? Report
July 25, 200521 yr Author comment_60381 I mustnt of worded this correctly so ill clear this up. First remove the Corolla seats and remove the corolla seat runners/ slides from the seats. Throw away the corolla seats. Next get the Falcon seats, remove and discard the Falcon seat runners/ slides as these will NOT fit a corolla. Next fit the slides/ runners from the corolla seat to the falcon seat, if you measure the the seat base frame holes that locate the the slides/ runners to the seat on both the falcon seat and corolla seat you will notice that the length and width are exactly the same, hence the reason they will bolt in with no drilling. This is also a legal swap as you are using the original slides that attach the seat to the chassis. As soon as i get a digi cam ill send pics. sorry about the confusion guys. Dingo Report
July 25, 200521 yr comment_60385 that's what i understood it as from the first post. some people :D Report
July 25, 200521 yr comment_60415 That's what I understood too. Just FYI, if you do have to make adapter plates to mount the seats (if you get some other sorts of seats), the minimum requirement is 3mm plate steel, M8 grade 8.8 (high tensile) bolts. Report
August 24, 200521 yr comment_66100 so after all of that confusion, can someone clarify this. will falcon seats fit into a ke35 if I do a rail swap? Report
August 24, 200521 yr comment_66105 hmmm... bowla may have noticed that I have a fair few 70s and 80s model fords lying around my place.... mustang, zc (i know its 69), couple of xf's.... the list goes on.... yay this is my 50th post; i feel so special! Report
August 24, 200521 yr comment_66106 might just have a shot at it tomorrow, will take pictures.... only problem is there is pretty much no interior in my car... Report
August 25, 200521 yr comment_66308 yeah... we got a 73 Mach 1, the light green colour (forgot what its called). 351, great for burnouts... Report
August 25, 200521 yr comment_66319 i have ta22 celica seats in my ke30. they bolt straight up to corolla rails with 1 hole drilled. firstly, are the brackets the same for seats in ke30's and ke35's? secondly can someone tell me which model celica seats will bolt onto ke35 brackets with only having to drill one hole or another easy transition? i would rather a model later than ta22 seats if this is possible, does anyone know? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now