Seat Upgrades

Actually KE35 and KE55 seats aren't all interchangeable. I leant this the hard way when I wanted to get those Honda seats into Pinky, and made the adapter plates using the rails from the KE35 as a template, and then went to bolt them in Pinky and found the rails in Pinky to be different...

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he is saying that the Falcon seats go in RAILS AND ALL

??? Falcon seats bolt in, in no way similar to a corolla seat...so how on earth could that work???

All the KE55 and KE30 seats I have ever used/seen have bolted in identicaly...Some have the seat belts bolted to the seat some don't....but I have never seen different ones...I even have KE50 seats in my KE35 now...I dunno what seats you got?

I mustnt of worded this correctly so ill clear this up. First remove the Corolla seats and remove the corolla seat runners/ slides from the seats. Throw away the corolla seats. Next get the Falcon seats, remove and discard the Falcon seat runners/ slides as these will NOT fit a corolla. Next fit the slides/ runners from the corolla seat to the falcon seat, if you measure the the seat base frame holes that locate the the slides/ runners to the seat on both the falcon seat and corolla seat you will notice that the length and width are exactly the same, hence the reason they will bolt in with no drilling. This is also a legal swap as you are using the original slides that attach the seat to the chassis. As soon as i get a digi cam ill send pics. sorry about the confusion guys. Dingo

• 5 weeks later...
i have ta22 celica seats in my ke30. they bolt straight up to corolla rails with 1 hole drilled.

firstly, are the brackets the same for seats in ke30's and ke35's?

secondly can someone tell me which model celica seats will bolt onto ke35 brackets with only having to drill one hole or another easy transition?

i would rather a model later than ta22 seats if this is possible, does anyone know?