Alot Of 4age Wiring Questions

Johno

Hey there, I'm putting a 4age bigport in an ae82 sedan.

I have a few problems as to what wire goes where. They were not marked and some don't have a plug on them so I'm in a little bit confused ATM

I have labeled some pics with numbers and was hoping anyone with a 4age could tell me

Picture 1

This is the plug set that's connected to the engine loom that goes in the firewall, its right next to the fuel filter

What plug is for what?

post-5444-1267521847_thumb.jpg

Picture 2

This is a few vac lines that connects to the throttle body.

1 is a T piece that has a clear plastic tube that i think fits into something?

2 comes from the little unit, where does it plug into?

3 does that plug into the soot canister?

4 where does it actually attach to the car, does it have a holder?

post-5444-1267521869_thumb.jpg

Picture 3

Just some random wires

1 is a random piece of cable with a clip on the end that was floating around on top of the engine?

2 has a brown wire and i think (white wire with red stripe) has a resistor connected to it?

3 is a plug that's connected to the loom, wheres it plug onto? does it plug onto (2) but only has one wire?

post-5444-1267522310_thumb.jpg

If anyone could please help me out, i would be ever so grateful :blinks:

Thank you, John.

Members dont see this ad
Hey there, I'm putting a 4age bigport in an ae82 sedan.

I have a few problems as to what wire goes where. They were not marked and some don't have a plug on them so I'm in a little bit confused ATM

I have labeled some pics with numbers and was hoping anyone with a 4age could tell me

Picture 1

This is the plug set that's connected to the engine loom that goes in the firewall, its right next to the fuel filter

What plug is for what?

post-5444-1267521847_thumb.jpg

Picture 2

This is a few vac lines that connects to the throttle body.

1 is a T piece that has a clear plastic tube that i think fits into something?

2 comes from the little unit, where does it plug into?

3 does that plug into the soot canister?

4 where does it actually attach to the car, does it have a holder?

post-5444-1267521869_thumb.jpg

Picture 3

Just some random wires

1 is a random piece of cable with a clip on the end that was floating around on top of the engine?

2 has a brown wire and i think (white wire with red stripe) has a resistor connected to it?

3 is a plug that's connected to the loom, wheres it plug onto? does it plug onto (2) but only has one wire?

post-5444-1267522310_thumb.jpg

If anyone could please help me out, i would be ever so grateful :yes:

Thank you, John.

Picture 1:

1. Nothing.

2. Nothing.

3. Diagnostic port.

4. Not connected.

Picture 2:

1. Not meant to be there.

2. Connects to factory airbox.

3. Connects to the charcoal cannister.

4. That is the idle up VSV (vacuum switching valve) which allows idle up when high current electrical sources are used, It clips onto the airbox.

Picture 3:

1. Looks like the drivers side power feed, Connects to the front loom of the car.

2. Suppose to be a green plug, I think it is for the A/C aswell and is not used.

3. Pretty sure it is for the aircon circuit and it is never needed.

Picture 1:

1. Nothing.

2. Nothing.

3. Diagnostic port.

4. Not connected.

Picture 2:

1. Not meant to be there.

2. Connects to factory airbox.

3. Connects to the charcoal cannister.

4. That is the idle up VSV (vacuum switching valve) which allows idle up when high current electrical sources are used, It clips onto the airbox.

Picture 3:

1. Looks like the drivers side power feed, Connects to the front loom of the car.

2. Suppose to be a green plug, I think it is for the A/C aswell and is not used.

3. Pretty sure it is for the aircon circuit and it is never needed.

Thank's Trev, your a champion! :yes:

Thank's Trev, your a champion! :yes:

Can you get a pic of the wiring near the coil? Just wanna make sure that the plug for the power feed isn't in the other bundle, Have you swapped the loom that goes from the passenger kick panel to the tank to the drivers kick panel?

I could get a pic tomorrow night but i think everything is ok with the coil side of things every plug is accommodated for. On Picture 3 with red circle 1, that cable is loose and i can't find where it could connect to or belong. Yeah i got hold of a twinky at the wreckers and got the dash loom and the drivers side loom, the ECU and engine loom came with the 4age purchase.

The reason I'm asking all these questions now is so when it comes time to kick it over i want it to start and not have to worry if its a fuel pump or vac line or some electrical prob. It hasn't been started for over 18 months so it might be a bit of a bitch

I got two more pics for you. First pic is the loose cable that was floating around on top of the engine. It could just be some random cable that was from the donor car? and second pic is some green plug that is behind the engine just above the alternator whats the green plug for, if i don't need it I'm not too concerned.

Thanks, Johno

post-5444-1267698954_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1267699032_thumb.jpg

Pic 1 is the old starter motor trigger, just use the one out of your car

Pic 2 is for a tacho when doing the timing, you can run off there to the black wire on the car harness where the coil used to be to fire up the factory tacho feed.

Have fun!

Hey mate, click the link in my sig to my build about 3 pages in theres is 3 pictures that show most of the plugs on the 4age loom

and what they are for, hope it helps, cheers

Thanks mate, found it on page 4. Have you got larger pics of that?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, its all running sweet now. Thanks for all the replies >|

Just one little thing, on the 4ac engine loom there was a plug that plugged into the fan motor, the 4age engine loom does not have it, well it has one of the plug's that come off the dash loom for the fan but not the other plug from the engine, the fan wont turn on without it, i think its 4 pin one. Any suggestions?

Ok, huge stuff up on my behalf

A mate helped me so i didn't check things properly, When i took the photo just then, the flash reveled something else what i originally thought was for the heater fan...

post-5444-1268729293_thumb.jpg

and the reason the fan is not working..

Missing relay i think.. :lolcry:

post-5444-1268729339_thumb.jpg

Sorry for wasting your time >|