chappo12

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I been looking into these things and it seems every model is a bit of a mutt.

The SA220 ute is a Navara, the V240 is a Isuzu Rodeo.

The passenger SUV, the X240 is a Isuzu exterior over a old 4 Runner chassis with Toyota drivetrain.

Depending on it being diesel or petrol, 4 or 6, will depend on where the motor comes from. Nissan, Isuzu, Mitsubishi and Toyota all provide engines and gearboxes for various models.

As I said, a real bitsa

Nissan, Isuzu, Mitsubishi and Toyota all provide engines and gearboxes for various models.

I seriously doubt any of those companies provide jack shit. They'll all be knock off designs. How would it possibly be in their best interest to provide drivetrains for this POS?

I saw a guy towing his massively expensive boat the other day behind one of these Great Wall cars. Perhaps if he spent a little less on the boat he could have been able to afford a real tow car

HAHA. I know who your talking about.

I wouldnt buy one of these either. Ugly POS's

I seriously doubt any of those companies provide jack shit. They'll all be knock off designs. How would it possibly be in their best interest to provide drivetrains for this POS?

Easy answer $$$.

Old tools and engine castings are sold off to the highest bidder. Big manufacturers want to make money back on tools they'll never use again, so along comes Great Wall, or Ssang Syong (Mercedes Benz engines and gearboxes), Proton (originally Mitsubishi), Kia (originally Mazda).

Hyundai got it's start using Mitsubishi Lancer engines. And look how far they progressed :P (Sorry I couldn't resist that cheap shot)

Easy answer $$$.

I think you underestimate just how expensive a crate engine and gearbox is, even with volume discounts. Considering these things are selling for $18k on road, in my opinion, its not possible to have a Japanese motor in it.

Besides, each of those companies has their own ute. Why would you dilute the market even further? They'd make more money by NOT supplying engines and keeping this vehicle from having any ounce of credibility. The only one I might believe is Isuzu but I still doubt it.

I think you underestimate just how expensive a crate engine and gearbox is, even with volume discounts. Considering these things are selling for $18k on road, in my opinion, its not possible to have a Japanese motor in it.

Besides, each of those companies has their own ute. Why would you dilute the market even further? They'd make more money by NOT supplying engines and keeping this vehicle from having any ounce of credibility. The only one I might believe is Isuzu but I still doubt it.

Believe it, or don't. Just Google...

$19,990 ute = knockoff 4Y

$26,990 ute = licenced 4G69 making a pathetic 100kw.

You can bet they'd rip off the 4G too if mitsubishi didn't have their fist so far up canberras arse.

From what I can gather some of the more expensive SUVs they sell in europe have an actual mitsubishi engine, no doubt due to emissions, but we certainly don't have them here (yet).