1jz Cressida + Big Turbo

sleepercorty

so we put it on the dyno tonight and did a ramp without changing anything else and it turned the tires hard made 34psi and was heaps leaner than before, so instantly we know that turbo flows heaps more by the 7psi more boost and lean mixtures. i had to turn the bleed valve in two turns to get it back to the same boost as the to4z. so it made 601 rwhp on 29psi vs the 560rwhp that the to4z made on 28psi, i really should have got some tires bigger than 205's for the dyno but was to lazy and I'm not really a dyno queen anyway. at least we know it makes more than 600hp just not sure how much, it did get a couple of max dutys in the log from the injectors but that may be fuel pumps starting to run out not the injectors. at the end of the day i think its probably got at very least 50rwhp more than when i ran 10.2 so no drama running a 9 now in full street trim:yup:

here is a dyno on the 3 turbos we tested, it looks as if its laggier than the other two but its just because we tried to ramp it softer to stop the wheelspin but didnt work. lag is around the same on all 3 turbos

02122011867.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I'm going to start using this for a daily again now that its finished, ive also got my M/T et streets back on now that i destroyed the other tyres so its a little safer. do you think this will be enough boost for a daily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrzCJWAPrUo

Edited by sleepercorty

Boost response is quite nice.

yeh it comes on boost really hard which is good for power not so good for traction lol. i will upgrade my computer next year and then may add some more boost, I'm kind of happy with where it is now as its still reliable and hasnt let me down so not sure if i want to push my luck to much

yeh it comes on boost really hard which is good for power not so good for traction lol. i will upgrade my computer next year and then may add some more boost, I'm kind of happy with where it is now as its still reliable and hasnt let me down so not sure if i want to push my luck to much

Traction can be prick, youre making healthy power for the street, how's the bottom end handling it?

what driveline you running? g series diff?

I'm postive its not the stock mx83 gear lol

yes it is standard mx83 diff and it will be the last thing to break, shane crighton (1jz747) cressida is down to mid 8 second passes on standard diff and scott hoffman also runs a cut down standard g series in oke020. they are 30 spline axles standard

Traction can be prick, youre making healthy power for the street, how's the bottom end handling it?

the bottom end will do as its told, and right now I'm telling it to like lots of boost lol. I'm not to worried about it at the moment i have two spare engines anyway, my mate has a 2jzgte jza80 and its made close to 900hp on standard motor. pistons in 1jz/2jz look basically the same and rods in 1jz are just as thick as 2jz but shorter so technically they are stronger. at the moment id imagine that mine is making around 800 flywheel HP (the gearbox place that did my convertor said that with a standard convertor i should see around 700rwhp) it really needs a aftermarket convertor something like a TCE that doesnt kill the power like my modified toyota convertor, but thats around $1500 and another 100hp would mean my input shaft in the gearbox would last about 3 seconds

Love your cressida Christian. It's a thread I'm always checking for updates. I can see you're happy with the current set up and let's face it, who wouldn't be!

You're a wise man, knowing the cars limitations and taking some time to enjoy it. So when will you be going to the drags next?? :cool:

got to get new rims made for the bigger tyres and will be doing cage very soon so probably early new years for the drags