Ke11 Colour

abbott

hey people well I'm looking at getting a ke11 and getting it resprayed and getting some nice jap style wheels, something along the lines of mr johns orange ke11! but the reason I'm posting this thread is for some ideas of possible colours for when i get it resprayed and what wheels everyone reckons would be good, although i have my own ideas i like to see things from other perspectives as it might change my mind!

let me know ur ideas guys :jamie:

Members dont see this ad

nothing stupid with pearls in it.

I'm not even a fan of metallics on these things.

Get a nice straight base colour. Flat paint is done to death and there's loads of white ones in adelaide.

If I built one fresh, I'd paint the sucker deep gloss black. My wagon I'm going to respray in the same red that's on it one day, but an orange or yellow KE would be sick, maybe even a dark green?

nothing stupid with pearls in it.

I'm not even a fan of metallics on these things.

Get a nice straight base colour. Flat paint is done to death and there's loads of white ones in adelaide.

If I built one fresh, I'd paint the sucker deep gloss black. My wagon I'm going to respray in the same red that's on it one day, but an orange or yellow KE would be sick, maybe even a dark green?

yeah mate i was considering black as something different, and yeah a darke green would actually look really cool thats a good idea!

and yeah willow green was definitely another possibility!!

i also consider something like this http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/sh....php?t=67215071 but its been done before which makes me not so keen,

any ideas on what wheels you guys reckon would look cool, i was thinkin kims that she is selling but then id need the flares! and ive heard they are gonna be illegal soon yes?

thanks for the feedback guys ;) keep it coming!

well it seems that everyone is keen on the orig colours so ill seriously consider it if anyone has any ideas of which colours in particular feel free to post any pics or anythign that shows the colours,

and yeah that was the plan to have round ones, but cheers for the heads up mate haha

;)

Original colours are a safe bet, but there are hundreds of other colours out there that would look good and suit the era of the car. Look at colours from other manufacturers from around the same era for ideas.

With wheels, well what do you like? What sort of look are you chasing? Granny spec or Jap spec like the masses with little imagination?

It is your car, your decision. If you want to be different just like everybody else, then by all means build your car according to everyone elses ideas.